1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's the most embarassing thing to happen to you?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by The Wallflower, May 22, 2015.

1. The Wallflower

I want to know what kind of embarrassing and awkward situations you have all been in!

I remember one time I was at my grandpa's house. He hates me, but I spent the day there to try and connect with him more. Everything was going swell.

He gave me one of those yucky powdered sugar drinks that elderly people always serve you... Like Crystal Light. I was watching TV as he gave me the glass, so I was super distracted.

I took a sip and said out loud: ''This tastes like shit.'' :eek:

As soon as I had realized what I said, my heart stopped. I had an ''What the hell did I just do'' expression on my face, and did not even turn my head to look at him. I just stayed there, and started drinking the rest of the yucky stuff, pretending it didn't happen.

He pretended he didn't hear me, but I know he heard me... FML. :roflmao:

I laugh about it now, but my dear old grandpa still despises me. This is but one of the many horrifically awkward and embarrassing things I have been through in my life... and I'm only 16. What about you wonderful souls?

2. Sienrar

When I was in elementary school back in Arkansas, I always sat in the back of the bus when it was time to go home. Turns out there were also some highschool (or junior high?) boys who sat back there too, since the bus was shared by our school district.

Basically, I thought they were super cool because I admired them just for being older. So they somehow convinced me that showing the middle finger was a good luck symbol or some other crap, and I walked home with it behind my back to show my mom.

I cringe when I look back on it now . . .

3. Aster

I was walking home from school one time and it had been a while since I last walked down that route. I didn't know that, for some odd reason, the path had been blocked off by a fenceand the only way to get to the other side was to climb over railing.

There was an old man walking his dog behind me and he told me I had to climb over the railing. For some stupid reason, I decided to climb under the railing rather than over it.

And I split my trousers.

Right in front of that man.

Good thing I had a jacket to tie around my waist to hide it. And now I wear leggings underneath my school uniform so if it splits again I can just take them off (and get told off by the teachers for not having the correct uniform on).

4. The Wallflower

Lol! You reminded me of something I did in 8th grade.

8th grade was a horrible year. I only had one friend that turned out to be an asshole.

This 'friend' called me a 'perra' (b*tch) for fun. I thought it was just a cute little nickname he gave me. No idea what it meant. I called him perra, too.

I became obsessed with using the word, until one day, in class... I was talking a bit too much. A girl in my group got annoyed and called me out.

I called her a perra.

The whole class gasped. I had never seen any teacher open his/her eyes that widely in my life. :roflmao:

My 'friend' giggled and told me... ''You know what perra means, right?''

Needless to say that no one wanted to talk to me for the rest of the school year. xD

I also still think about that day and just think: ''Well f*ck.''

5. Sienrar

Lol! I guess you should've looked it up then!

6. Foz

Foz Guest

If there ever was an award for putting your foot in it, I'd have won every single one since I could talk! I am perhaps one of the most sarcastic people you can imagine and it often leads me into trouble XD

Shortly after I was promoted to store manager one of my team was running out the front and didn't say anything, so I just said "where are you off to? Is someone dying?". She turned round and said "my mum's just called, my dad had a heart attack and he's in hospital". I feel eternally bad for that!

7. CyanChachki

I was either in the 3rd or 4th grade when I got "stuck" in the tire swings at my school. They where big round tractor tires held up by three metal chains and attached to some wood. One of my classmates convinced me that it was a lot more fun to put my legs in the hole of the tire and swing on it like a normal swing. When the bell rang to go inside, I jumped down, thinking that I could duck under the tire like some of the other kids where doing. I was too tall to duck under it, so I started crying.

It took about 10-15 minutes for a TA to come out and "help" me out of the hole. All I had to do was push up on the tire, swing my legs and jump out. I felt like the biggest idiot on the Earth.

8. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The moment when I accidentally typed Anal Report instead of Annual Report and printed it and glued it to several folders while I was still working in a government office :lol: My supervisor laughed her ass out while I turned red

9. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well recently I accidently texted my friend from school a picture of hot guys that was meant for someone else. Luckily, they were only shirtless...

10. UntitledT

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It was embarrassing but worked out for the better.
    I went to Catholic school for kindergarden and first grade. My sister paid me to wear a jumper (type of dress) instead of me being the only girl in pants. Every Monday there was mass, but tbh it literally was there to fill up time. We walk into the church, and I turn around for some reason, and the girl behind me just pukes all over my jumper/me. It was kinda embarrassing, but I got to skip the mass, and I got to wear pants again, so I was actually happy she did it.

11. PurpleGrey

Well, let's see. There are so many embarrassing moments in my life.

The one that sticks out is I was humiliated by one of the grownups at my after school program in front of the other kids. See, they demonized farting to an insane degree. It was practically breaking a commandment, or worse. The smelled one in the room and got so outraged, they had us all stand up and yelled at us, asking who did it. When they got to me, I panicked and said, I don't know, because I didn't want to admit I did it. They yelled at me some more, and I broke down sobbing.

Sorry to be a bummer, everyone.

12. HugasaurusRex

Haha that reminds me of me so much when I hate something...Only it is not embarrassing for me as I genuinely mean to say it, I can be a bitch when I want to be. :grin:

I wonder what was on your mind.... :roflmao:

This one is a hard one for me as I do not get embarrassed easily. I generally just forget it and shrug it off. But out of everything, the one thing that still makes me cringe is at school assembly in the morning before lessons began. I was in year 8 (I had just turned 13) and I was called up to the front of the school to do some speech. Well I do not do well at all when talking to so many people...I felt sick, VERY sick. And as I went to take the sheet of paper from the headmaster that had what I needed to say on it...The entire contents of my stomach evacuated all over him...I wanted the ground to open up and swallow me...Mainly because he was rather hot and I kind of had a crush on him...Yes on the headmaster...Just think of Robert Downey Jr and Matt Smith combined.

13. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was ten, and very oblivious and innocent. This was in my fifth grade, and I didn't know what swears were. So, one day, I asked this kid what fuck meant. He said it was the male child of a duck. I believed him, not bothering to look it up....
    Here is the embarrassing part.
    This lady came to give us a presentation on birds and ducks in school.....
    "Boys and girls, do you know what ducks children are called?"
    ....and my answer
    "I don't know what their female offspring is called, but the male child is called a fuck."
    I was trying to sound all smart.
    Everyone laughed, I was so oblivious and started crying, because I didn't know what was happening. A teacher yelled at me and told me to go to the principal.
    And the principal yelled at me, but when I started crying and asked why she yelled, she was trying not to laugh. It was so embarrassing I remember exactly what each of us said and how it played out.
    She told me never to say it again because it was a bad word. That day, I went on the Internet and learned what swear words were....
    Yeah.
    I'm still pretty humiliated by it, but it was funny.

14. randomly me

randomly me Guest

*looks left* *looks right*

....this secret will be taken into my grave with me

15. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just one? Well shit.

It could be the time I wiped out in front of a school bus and everyone laughed at me. It could be this time I ripped my pants on a field trip and had to hide it for the rest of the day. It could be this time my mom implied she could hear me and my partner banging. It could be when the curse attacked me at a friend's house and showed it's face on a sheet.

Eh, you can pick.

16. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I remember once being asked at school, having to stand up and explaining it to the whole class, and instead I gave a very passionate, random speech that had nothing to do with what she asked...
    But that was kind of funny. Back then I wanted to die, now I'd have a laugh too.

17. HugasaurusRex

OMFG! I just cringed as I read a post and it reminded me of when me and my ex were having sex...And the dad walks in....OMFG I wanted the bed to swallow me (No, not in that way...Well maybe a little..But...No just no..Okay yes). I have never moved so far so fast in all my life.