1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Do You Express Your Feelings?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Theo Weiss, May 22, 2015.

1. Theo Weiss

Personally, I like to record my feelings and try to put to words exactly what I am feelings partially to try to understand myself better and also to attempt to improve my deplorable writing skills. Sometimes words just seem to flow onto the page and other times not so much mostly because I am not exactly a literary genius if you get what I'm saying. I know that some people who are far more artistic than I am, prefer to draw or paint as a medium for their thoughts/feelings. Just wondering if anyone else likes to get their feelings out there by use of other means.

2. CyanChachki

It really depends on my mood. If I'm happy and calm, I'll be honestly modest, meaning I will tell people what they need to hear without making anything cold. If I'm angry, I'll belt everything out with my best attempts not to swear or say anything too cutting.

3. Simple Thoughts

I express my feelings by.....

Oh that's right, I don't.

I don't have the convenience of 'someone to talk to' and even if I did I'm like my dad in that it just feels incredibly awkward and I try to avoid it as much as possible.

4. HugasaurusRex

It all depends on how I am. If I am happy then I am the most jolly and energetic person around. If I am sad I withdraw within myself and I refuse to speak unless it is absolutely necessary, though that never lasts long as my closest friend is very empathic and always manages to get out of me what is wrong. And after speaking about it I am back to my jolly self :grin:
    Now if I am angry or in a bad mood...Well it is usually best to avoid me like the plague. I try not to leave the house when I am feeling like that as I scare myself. Last time I was angry (rarely ever happens) I was about 14 and I tried to kill someone, I only stopped as a teacher pulled me of the other person. But it takes a hell of alot to get me to that point. The only reason I got like that then was due to this person's consistent bullying and I just cracked.

5. armydude

armydude Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Bottling them all up inside has always worked pretty well for me. And by "well" I mean I haven't had a complete mental breakdown and burnt down a Walmart yet.

6. Simple Thoughts

Same here.

7. sartorious

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Depends

what kind of feeling

Feelings associated in happiness usually boost my mood and people usually notice it

If its derived from anger i channel it to working out in gym and sometimes using swearword and other foul language will do

If it roots from Disappointment and Betrayal i showed it by refusal to do further help or assistance in the future. Or i abandon the person immediately, turning from friends to like "i barely know him/her".

and many other way, very different depends on the source and the nature of the feeling

yeah i'm complicated
    please ignore
    arfff

8. AlamoCity

I talk to my mom on some issues pretty openly; gay stuff is not one of them :lol:.

Other than that, though, I do bottle up a lot to the point that my mom knows and says I am worse than my grandfather and father when it comes to keeping emotions inside, and that actually says a lot.

9. Miles16

Miles16 Guest

Burial or booze, backhanded or blow up

10. QueerQueen

Pretty much the same but I only bottle up my sadness. When I'm angry I make it known and when I'm happy people usually notice. I find that music helps me, since it is easy to find a song that relates to what I'm feeling or the situation I'm in.

11. Higs

I'm on the same train. Nobody to talk to about personal feelings. Just pretend they don't exist.

12. randomly me

randomly me Guest

sorry i wasn't programed to be influenced by artificial emotions.

13. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I curse a lot.

14. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Internally. :lol:

#14 Browncoat, May 23, 2015
    Last edited: May 23, 2015
  15. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Through something productive, like writing or doing something physically active. I also use humor to let off some steam, which really helps.

I also try to make somebody else feel better in some way, because this usually leaves me feeling better myself. It's a win-win.

Sometimes through actions. If I hand/toss you a piece of candy, you're okay. If I hand/toss you a pack of candy, you're cool. But if I hand/toss you a pack of your favorite candy, you're special. If it isn't candy, then just something, like a kind word or a listening ear.

I can only speculate what I'd be like in a romantic situation, but it's safe to say, I'd be about the random hugs and before-bed massages.

16. waitwhat

waitwhat Guest

Happy feelings, I outwardly express by dancing, smiling, hopping around like an idiot, or telling people I'm in a good mood. Any other feelings are kept inside until I can't hold them anymore, then I explode. They usually come out in the form of crying, yelling, punching things, or a combination.

17. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Through music, or writing. If I get too overwhelmed I don't even express them I just take a nap (if I can)

18. iGustavoLeon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    With a slight smile

19. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    At my best, my happy feelings are contagious. It's easy when I'm talking. I usually have that damn neutral expression, if I'm lost in thought.

I used to write down my terrible feelings, on paper, and burn/shred it. Nowadays I usually tell my "depression" that it gets 5 minutes or less because I'm too busy being awesome. You might think this approach is crazy but it works. Especially over time as you develop more emotional strength.

A little setback is simple enough to fix. I can put that roadbump into perspective by forcing myself to do something fun, even if I don't feel very enthusiastic. For example, video games.

More intense or persistent negative feelings require introspection. If I just listen to music then it's only a distraction and it might create negative associations. Sometimes it is best that I isolate myself. Otherwise, I lash out and shout at people because they make the slightest mistakes. I'm much better at dealing with anger than I used to be, but it's still a noteworthy concern.

20. Nightdream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It depends. When it's way too bad for me I talk to someone, when it's moderate I just let the other person know that. Sometimes I just let people know without having any control about it through my behavior and/or facial expressions.