1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I was invited to a club, but i dont know how to dance.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Straight ally, May 23, 2015.

1. Straight ally

Santiago de los caballeros, Dominican Republic
    What should i do? Should i go there and dance anyhow? Should i give a warning ' im not much a dancer, excuse me if i step on your toes ?' And then dance anyhow?

---------- Post added 23rd May 2015 at 12:42 PM ----------

Maybe i should just stay with the ones on the group who are resting from dancing and talk with them? I dont really know here what wouod be the protocol... The shyness i think i could handle it, and it would be even s good exercise, what im not sure if its ok to go with it even if you dance like a drunk zombie... :lol:

2. Foz

Foz Guest

It's a club, no one knows how to dance :roflmao:

Seriously, just let the alcohol do the dancing for you!

3. Straight ally

So, you are suggesting for me to leave some bottle of beer on the middle of the dance floor so it dance instead of me :lol:

4. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I second this, for the most part.

Sure, you'll have some people who appear to know what they're doing, a lot of the people are too drunk to really care, unless you're punching them in the face.

Two things to keep in mind.

One, if you're willing to get out there, you have a chance to interact with others. It doesn't matter how good or bad you are, you're out there, and to many people this is enough to dance with or around you.

Two, this is one of the few times I see a benefit to alcohol. So long as you're moving and having a good time, folks will accept that as great dancing. They're too drunk to really critique you, I'd hope, LOL.

If you enjoy dancing with women, there's a bonus here. I cannot speak for every single club, but the few I've been to, the male-female ratio is heavily tilted toward women. Too many men don't like to dance, and will sit off to the side, or isolate themselves in a corner. You'll stand out, which is giving you a huge advantage.

When I'm asked to tag along to a club, I am amazed at the little things my company doesn't do, that bites them in the ass. All I do is go out to the floor, wiggle and jiggle, move and groove, and slide and glide. I'm not a professional dancer, not even close, and Michael Jackson's ghost has not decided to possess me; but the fact I even try, means more open doors and opportunities.

If you're having a good time, and folks feel positive around you, you'll be the life of the party, the magnet of attraction. Trust me, just enjoy yourself, because too many people focus on being nervous or shy. Sure, it's easier said than done, but when you take that chance, you might be surprised how easy it is to keep doing.

5. Miles16

Miles16 Guest

In all the times I've been in a club, I've never once been in a position where I had to dance

6. Straight ally

It went better than i thought. I felt s bit awkard dancing, but i did, an dalthought the awkardnes didnt totally went away, i did feel loosing up, so maybe with one or two more dance nights there wont be more awkardness... My only regeet was that i only did dance alone, i mean i was with my friend but i didnt dance with a dance partner, and there was apportunity, as there where girls on my group and they where really in the mood of dancing with anybody, or at least anybody on the group, but just when i was to dance with one of the girls (with by the way was very attractive *_*) the song ended, and the group decided to move to snother club nearby where they play merengue, bachata and salsa... And then when we where moving there, i wasnt permitted in by the bouncer vpbecause i made the newbie mistake of going outside a saturday night wearing a tshirt instead of a shirt, so the night ended there for me, just when i was loosening up. :frowning2: .... Butat least i went throught the first time of going to a club, and i learned that i should always bring a shirt, i learned people dont really know what they are doing on clubs, and if i look silly everyone else looks pretty silly :lol: , and so for my second time it wont be jumping into the unknown.

(Also good thing is that the attractive girl always hangs out with that group, so im likely to see her again ;D)

7. GArchi1992

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hahah, story of my life, with or without alcohol actually.

People in clubs generally do not have a clue how to dance. Obviously there's the odd few that are naturally gifted but as a rule people just throw all sorts of shapes out there and no one really cares. Just go, embrace it and have fun. You'll probably find you have a really fun night :grin:

8. iGustavoLeon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Wait ,you are from Republica Dominicana. you've got dancing in your blood.

9. Bi in MD

Out Status:
    A few people
    nobody will notice if you cant dance, they will all be checking the messages on their phones.
    seriously though, put on one dress shoe, and one tennis shoe, the tennis shoe should be put on over 6 white cotton socks so your foot looks swollen, take the lace out. Carry a cane.
    then you can claim that if not for that woman running over your foot in the parking lot of the store yesterday morning, you would be up on the dance floor showing everybody in there the routine that you performed when you won the dance awards at the universal competitions the previous year.