1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Perfect Day

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kaiser, May 23, 2015.

1. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I was meditating earlier, and this topic is what I focused on:

The perfect day.

What is the perfect day? What does that mean to you?

To go a little further... if you were funded money, what would you do for 24 hours?

Be as serious or as silly as you want, LOL.

2. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Day-long hike with a significant other, then head home and fall asleep watching some sort of nerdy movie/series* while cuddling on the couch.

If I had unlimited money to set up the perfect day:
    Fly to Switzerland in a private jet, then engage in a day-long hike with a significant other, then head back and fall asleep watching some sort of nerdy movie/series* while cuddling on the couch.

*Probably Firefly :wink:

#2 Browncoat, May 23, 2015
    Last edited: May 23, 2015
  3. Still Me

I would charter a boat and go tuna fishing. My uncle promised to take me along, but changed his mind when I came out. He did give me some of the tuna and I want more!

4. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Too many options-

I might go record shopping or book shopping (if I were funded completely for 24 hours I'd rampage all the music and book stores in the city haha)

Stay at home with a lazy day off, writing music or something

Or just any day where I can feel relaxed, content, with peace of mind.

If I happen to have a girlfriend I'd say we just spend the day together and it'd be pretty much perfect.

5. Florestan

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'd use the money to buy a castle.
    Wake up at nine, drink coffee, eat an omelet for breakfast.
    Practice piano and compose.
    Take a walk in the woods.
    Get home at 5 and read.
    Share dinner with good friends.
    Listen to music.
    Watch TV until 10:00.
    Write until midnight.
    And most importantly, feel no anxiety at any point in the day.

6. Sienrar

Spending the day reading in bed, hobbies, going on a walk with perfect weather, other physical activities, a long dinner and movie date if you have a boyfriend. Best day ever!

7. Simple Thoughts

Honestly...

Just me sitting at home in front of a laptop either working on an animation or enjoying youtube videos.

I don't shoot for the stars like everyone else. I'm pretty content with things.

8. Sienrar

Don't forget the video games.

9. Simple Thoughts

oh true, I don't think I could live without pokemon and Final Fantasy =3

I wish I had a 3ds ever since I found out you can customize your clothing I wanna play with it X3

I always pick the girl trainer too =P

10. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The perfect day for me would be some kind of event with close schoolmates and my crush. And me not feeling antisocial, shy, or anxious at all as I spend the day with them, laughing and having fun the whole day together. Then coming home to a delicious dinner.

11. AlamoCity

Waking up on a cool morning, my significant other and me head over for some breakfast at a diner and then head to the lake and cast our rods in the water and then lay on the bed of the truck on some blankets while we wait for the fish to bite. We talk about everything and nothing and just lay in silence next to each other. We don't get any bites for lunch, but I bring out a nice picnic spread I packed and eat. We go back to the bed of the truck and just relax a bit more, maybe plan our future and dream of a cabin in the woods or some farmland. It gets close to dinner time and, as if in cue, a fish bites and we reel it in. It's legal and I clean and gut it and I fix us some dinner. We eat and then decide to get a camping permit and spend the night sleeping cuddled on the back of the truck keeping each other warm. No one attacks us (sad I have to add this to the "perfect day").

12. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Don't have the wish for such a thing anymore to be honest. I try to include things that make me happy on a daily basis, but I don't expect nor I daydream about 'the perfect day'. I just try to live it when I have the chance, I try to make it happen everyday... You can make a day good, even get as closer as perfection as reality allows you, only if you have the right attitude and keep your eyes open.

And this so called 'perfect' day would be 'perfect' mainly 'cause of the other 'non-perfect' days, so I should rejoice those too 'cause they turn days into 'perfect days', right?

13. HugasaurusRex

I do not believe in a "perfect day". unless you count the day I die. The reason it will be perfect is the fact that it can not be tainted. Most "perfect"days always seem to have some f*ck up that makes it less. But that aside, a perfect day for me would be just when my mood would stay constant for the entire day.
    Assuming the money is as much as I desire? Then with it I would buy an arsenal of weapons and bombs and evacuate all civilians from London then bomb it with all the MPs still there!

14. candyjiru

I would sleep in and wake up at a beach resort~ I would go boogeyboarding for a few hours and maybe get a pina colada with my friends~ Then I would go get an aromatherapy massage and go out to eat with my friends and s.o.~ then go to a fancy oxygen bar (always wanted to try one) and chat all night before going back to bed in the aforementioned plush, luxury resort~ ah, if only I had money and time off T.T

15. Spacewalker

At my perfect day, I'd get up early and eat a nice breakfast. Then going outside and walking along the beach where I'm living bc I bought a house in L.A.. I'd maybe sit down for a while, read or draw sth while watching and listening to the waves. Then it's time to head home again and make dinner. Sth with cooked vegetables and rice, a nice dessert (maybe ice cream) while listening to awesome music. So, afternoon starts. After dinner I'd like to either go for a nice walk with my dog a Berner Sennenhund that just turned 5 months, or make a little bike tour with a good friend, family or my significant other. Then having a picnic somewhere with a great view. Maybe if we're coming across a nice cafe we're taking a break there, drinking some tea and eating some cake. So then it's time to go home and make dinner. I guess I'd make some snacks, and then time for an awesome movie. Well, that's one idea.
    Another idea more depending on money would be to travel somewhere, let's say Rome or London and go sightseeing and shopping for a day there. Although one day is hardly enough to do such thing...

Actually I think, the "perfect" day doesn't exist. It's just better than other, if not most days. There'll be always space upwards to make your days better.

16. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

It's interesting how folks take the questions. I think that's more telling than actually proposing a sequence of events.

But that was sort of the intention. When I was reflecting on this, I realized, a lot of things I strive for are practically impossible. I'm setting myself up for failure, when I could be tending to the things I have now, will have shortly, or can have. The perfect day could exist for me, but the means of being able to experience it, is nothing short of extreme.

I aim too high, LOL.