1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hair dye help?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by atoadaso, May 23, 2015.

1. atoadaso

atoadaso Guest

I'm a natural redhead, & my hair is virgin other than a top perm I got in February (the back & sides were left straight). It's very healthy & I deep condition it about twice a week, since my hair is naturally on the drier side. I don't use any heat on it; the only thing I do use is mousse to hold the curls. For close to 2 years now I've been wanting to put bright orange dye in my hair, something like Manic Panic Tiger Lily or Special Effects Napalm Orange. I really don't wanna bleach my hair, simply because I don't wanna have to shave myself bald to regain my natural color. I've heard you can get a perm & have your hair dyed, but since Manic Panic & Special Effects are both vegan brands, I was wondering if that makes a difference with how long I should wait between dyeing & getting another perm? Also, since my hair is naturally red, would I need to bleach if I'm not looking for a super vibrant or long-lasting dye job?

Here's my hair naturally:
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/members/61597-albums7343-picture53133.html

2. PurpleGrey

Don't bleach! Your hair is light enough to dye practically any color as it is. I'm thinking you should try a temporary dye in the color you want. As for a perm, I think it's best to dye your hair before you get another perm, and wait a couple days in between.

You probably already know this, but make sure your hair is a little dirty when you dye it, don't wash it before then.