1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If someone handed you a country......

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by anthonythegamer, May 24, 2015.

1. Let's say Kim Jong Un died and kindly gave you North Korea for you to mold into the government you want it to be (reunification of Korea is impossible), what would the style of government be and what laws would you enact?

I would love a proportionally-elected parliamentary style government similar to Germany and Switzerland.

I would govern a more laissez-faire government, allowing businesses to fairly compete with each other, without any subsidies, and any activity that would create unfair competition would be stamped out. Currency would have minimal to no inflation because it hurts the poor the most.

Civil liberties like gay marriage, right to have an abortion, would be allowed.

There would be a strong neutrality policy enforced form our constitution to keep us from forming enemies and uncontrollably growing our military. To ensure national security, I would require all able-bodied middle and high school students to take classes in self-defense and combat as part of their curriculum in order to graduate. Military service would still be a choice.

What would you guys do?

#1 anthonythegamer, May 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2015
  2. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

It has to be North Korea?

Maaaaan....

3. ROFL The country has few people and it's a one-man rule, so it's easier to start with a clean slate :lol:

4. Purp

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Anthony, sounds good! Lemme live there!

5. Would be fine by me! My immigration policy is very lax, moving to my country would be like moving to a new state! :icon_bigg

6. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would have a government of the people that promotes liberty, freedom and privacy.

I would promote gay rights, abortion rights, full gun rights, full right to use drugs especially in the privacy of your own home, reform the criminal justice system because it is way too corrupt and unfair, tighten immigration laws and build a fence with a army base stationed at the border, don't get involve in any wars in other countries, no making trade deals, support environmental regulations while ensuring a new job for those who might lose their jobs, free college ed and keep religion out of government. I am christian but religion should belong in there it causes too many problems in government. However all aspects of religion and non religion should be taught in schools to shows kids different perspectives without persuading one way or another. Also ban religious schools too much corruption and too much like a cult.

7. MrSkittles

I would:

-Split the whole country into area or "section"
    -Set up a Government where 1 person from each "section" is elected to a council.

Laws:

-Absolutely NO DISCRIMINATION towards LGBT+ or people of other races or Religion.
    - Freedom to Own Guns
    - NO Violence
    - No Robbing , Murder , etc

The other laws are the basic no murder , etc.. Same from the U.S

#7 MrSkittles, May 24, 2015
    Last edited: May 24, 2015
  8. ROFL I said that reunification is impossible in my guidelines :confused:

9. MrSkittles

Oops I thought it said it was possible :lol:

10. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think North Koreans are REALLY smart people, so I guess I would put up a Technocratic government there. Well I would of course focus very much on education. We would focus on nanotechnology and bio-weapons. Then when we are ready, all the North Korean citizens are required to be free thinking cyborgs. :badgrin:

Kaiser sent me here, so blame her for my stupid reply :lol: Hahahaha! Just kidding

11. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Purp wanted me to post here, so...

I'd do some things, fix some things, and... all that boring stuff...

Okay. So, I'm given the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (or North Korea) by Kim Jong-un. Okay...

Not sure how the North Koreans would receive a white, transgender, bisexual leading them, but fuck it. That's what they're getting!

First of all, North Korea is a dictatorship. Like all controlled authority, the military is the backbone of that power, and with me, an outsider, being handed North Korea, it is imperative three things be done within 48 hours:

- I do not speak Korean. Therefore, I will need a translator.
    - I must appease the nation. Therefore, I will need to cut working hours, allowing them more time for family or personal hobbies.
    - I must gain the military's favor. Therefore, I must make them a deal that benefits them: I'll allow you to maintain your armed forces, if you allow me to do everything else.

Naturally, they'll want to know how this benefits them. To which I say, "Well, if things go downhill, blame it on the white person. You swoop in, look all glorious, and it allows you a positive start." Basically, allowing them not to take responsibility secures my place, and I can begin on systematically taking them out, and replacing them with more loyal individuals, allowing me to use much of the armed forces budget on other areas, namely education, health care, and infrastructure.

Education reforms would be had. Instead of testing for high marks and putting you into a few select classes, testing would determine your strengths and natural aptitude, allowing you better placement. For example, if you're great at fixing skateboards, you'll do that -- for money. If you're fantastic with your hands, you'll be a massage therapist -- for money. If you have a brilliant mind, you'll become some sort of scholar -- for money.

A population that is doing a job they love, and being paid reasonably, will work harder, better, and hopefully not think about overthrowing me.

Health care will be overhauled. Aside from covering people, with or without pre-existing conditions, two things will be done: trans-folk will be included in plans, allowing them the therapy and procedures they feel they need, and women will have access to birth control.

A population that is shown to be cared for, and supplied reasonably, will live better, safer, and hopefully not think about overthrowing me.

Infrastructure will be a major focus. More roads, to connect cities and areas. More schools and universities. More hospitals and other state facilities, like orphanages or domestic centers. Apartment complexes and neighborhoods will be brought up to par, and provided acceptable living standards.

All of this will stimulate the economy, provide jobs, and most importantly, discourage the population from thinking about overthrowing me.

Equality will be enforced. That means none of that racism, sexism, or homophobia. If you have a problem with this, you will be provided a one-way ticket out. I don't have time for that nonsense, nor will I make substantial amounts for it.

Restrooms will have Men, Women, Universal, and Bigot. If folks have a problem with trans-folk, they can use the the Bigot bathroom. I doubt they'd approve of the Universal one.

The Internet will be free, to everyone.

Finally, the military. Reassign much of the army into other avenues of authority, such as policing or border patrols, sapping away at the military command, and formulating my own counter to their influence. These reassigned divisions would answer to their respective policing bodies, free of military influence. What remains of the army will be provided training in various styles of warfare, especially in guerrilla or sabotage.

Missile defense systems and EMP pulse technology would be heavily invested in, to compensate for the lack of manpower and technological prowess North Korea has. Missile defense systems to, obviously, deal with missile attacks, and EMP pulses to knock out many radars/radios/engines.

And then... I'm flying in the finest surgeons and getting my corrective surgery, the world's finest speech therapist, and hormones. I will look so BEAUTIFUL~!

#11 Kaiser, May 24, 2015
    Last edited: May 24, 2015
  12. MetalRice

I'd make it fabulous!!!

13. AlamoCity

I'd rule with a (soft) iron hand and keep a quasi-totalitarian state. Then, I'd contact the U.S. government via the Swedish ambassador to the DPRK and privately renounce nuclear arms (and allow inspectors in secretly) in exchange for the lifting of trade sanctions, the free travel of "diplomatic" personnel (read: me), and a per annum tribute.

14. White Knight

Kingdom... me as king of course.

As Korean men are hot I think instead of their forced military service they can serve the king in another way. :grin:

Law of the king is simple. Don't hurt any other living soul. I can shamelessly borrow TR motto "peace at home, peace at world" but live by it instead.

Need to think a good way to hear wishes/wants of everyone in the country so I can find a solution with my brain team. Immigrate valuable people from other countries that are suffering like war torn zones, women from male dominant cultures.

15. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Give the southern half to South Korea and the northern half to Japan. Let them start small businesses there, and the countries might become profitable.

If all else fails, give Kaiser control.

16. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Yes~!

*secretly plans to sabotage this plan, so control is granted*

I don't know how Korea would feel about Japan having ownership since, well, they don't have a friendly history. But, hey, I won't stop you... =P

17. Ashley2103

Honestly.....

I probably wouldn't be that much different from the previous dictators. Sorry, but I love the thought of having too much power.

But......I would give North Korea to China (to troll South Korea) when I die. So yay semi-freedom? lol

18. Bi in MD

Out Status:
    A few people
    That might not be as easy as you think, the people would be used to being told what to do, you would have many that would do a task, then stand and wait to be told to do the next, they might never catch on to the theory of go out and do what YOU want to do to live and be productive.

19. Well, I am telling them what to do, participate in a free-market economy LOL

Besides, there are people that want to live a life like that, that's why they escaped.

20. Camel

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh gosh, just what I've always wanted.

A kingdom. I would be king.

Now I need to design the robes for my coronation. Cloth of Gold and ermine would feature heavily. And a nice lightweight crown. Probably Motzart's Coronation Mass for the actual ceremony. I would need trainbearers of course, Good looking ones. And I would hand out titles and decorations. I would enjoy creating orders of chivalry.

And I would need a Royal Guard. I would have to review the soldiers in my army and pick the best ones for my Royal Guard. I would probably design the uniforms myself. I mean, you can't leave important stuff like that to underlings when you are a king.

And I would ride through the streets in an open topped carriage, so my subjects could see how fabulous I was.

What's that? My subjects need laws? My country needs governing? Please don't bother me. I'm much too busy. Could you send up the next batch of soldiers for me to, er, review, please.