1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Dutch/European sites like EC?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by quietisviolent, May 25, 2015.

1. Hi EC-members! :wave:

I think this is an amazing website and I also get a lot of support from here. The only 'downside' (in my eyes) is that it is an American site. Because of this, I do not get the feeling that there are many Dutch or European people in the LGBT+ communtiy.

Therefore, I was wondering, does anyone know if there are any Dutch or European sites that focus on LGBT+ people/youth? Preferably with a possibility of contact, for example forums.
    :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

Thanks!
    (&&&)

2. Bi in MD

Out Status:
    A few people
    I dont think it is allowed to share other sites on here.
    All I can say ( and not in an ignorant way ) google is your friend.

3. Hi!

I tried to google it, but it didn't come up with anything useful.

As far as I know, you're allowed to add links, as long as they don't do any harm to people or computers (aka virusses). I read the Code of Conduct and that's what was in there, so either you're allowed to, or my lack of English makes that I don't understand.

Thanks anyway! (*hug*)

4. PeacefulWarrior

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It is my problem too, there aren't many lgbtq forums like this in EU. For examle, in Hungary, there are just "dead" sites - some news, articles, little community in the capital that meets, but not living forum. :frowning2:

5. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Belgian representative here :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

And, unfortunately, I'm having a hard time coming up with local examples. I know of groups in major cities that have meetups and activities. But online forums in the style of EC? Only a very few, and they have a very limited memberbase. Quite often, they only get new posts every couple of days, which doesn't make for a lot of lively debate.

Still, there are gay people arond here, I promise you. Just seems that forum culture isn't that big around these parts. If you're near anything resembling a city, it might be best to google for groups there. And if you're going touniversity soon, most universities do seem to have GLBT groups.

Honestly, I think we jus lack a critical mass. A good sie takes a certain number of involved people, and it's easier getting that amount in the US, which has 300 million + people, compared to the Netherlands, with only a couple million.

6. Camel

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I suppose the problem for a European site would be: Which language to use?

North America does rather tend to dominate the old interweb, god love em. I lived in the US for two years, and found it very difficult. Though Americans and British speak the same language (more or less), we really don't think the same. British (or at least this one) think more like Europeans. But because of the same language thing, Americans would think I thought like them, leading to misunderstandings and unhappiness. In particular, my sense of humour was rather lost on them. I found I had more in common with Latin Americans. I had some Columbian friends, in particular, who saw things in a more 'European' way.

7. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There are Dutchies on this website (like me). :icon_bigg

I'm guessing there are no good forums for LGBT people like this forum, but I'm not sure. =) If you can't find it via Google, there's a chance there's none.