1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone ever come out in a silly way?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TheStormInside, May 25, 2015.

1. TheStormInside

I've been thinking about messaging some friends (Who are also Buffy fans) with this:

[​IMG]

But I'm not sure if it's too goofy, or if they might just think I am joking.

Thoughts?

Anyone else come out in a jokey/light-hearted manner? If so, please share your stories :slight_smile: .

2. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think it would be a good way to come out to them, if they are the kind of people who would appreciate the light-hearted version opposed to a serious one. Under the GIF you could say, "Yup. It's true," or something to confirm that you are not joking.

3. TheStormInside

Thanks Tai. They're less close friends, the people I wanted to be a bit sappy with I've already come out to, which is why I don't want to get too deep and personal if I can avoid it. I would just like to be able to be open around them as I'm starting to want to get into the gay community in the area, and it'd be a lot easier if I don't have to worry about talking around what I am doing and so on.

4. TheStormInside

Whelp, I sent the message! Now for the agonizing wait for a response.

5. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Good luck!

6. TheStormInside

Thank you! The responses were positive but very anticlimactic, haha. One of them gave me a thumbs up, and the other said "yay!"

7. Lyana

Well congrats on coming out, TheStormInside!
    Plus it went well! Even if it's a big deal to you (and of course it is), a shrug and outright acceptance is one of the best reactions out there. Anticlimactic, maybe, but pleasant.

8. biggayguy

I thought a cute way of asking someone if they were gay is sending them the song from Avenue Q "If You Were Gay."

9. TheStormInside

Thanks, you make good points :slight_smile:. I saw both of them later this evening, and nothing was said about it, but things were just as they've always been, too.

I'll have to look that one up!

10. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I came out to one of my friends, I was talking excitedly about a cute girl at school. About how adorable her outfit looked on her, how I totally wanted to cuddle her to death, etc. :lol: He seemed confused for several minutes, then he was like, "Are you going to ask her out or something?" and I said, "No, she's straight... unfortunetely..." And he was like, "Oh, okay." So he knows now! ^^ Hehe. Not sure if that's considered 'silly' but I suppose it's not the way people usually come out and it was more casual.

Congrats on coming out~. ^.^

11. Magnemma

Magnemma Guest

My friend asked me if i was bi at a christian three-day retreat and i said that i was pansexual, making it no big deal. "cool." she said. Later in the evening after a campfire she told two strangers about my sexuality, as if it was hers to tell. One of the people goes to my school, and he was obviously very uncomfortable with the topic, he knows my friends and i still don't know if he's told anyone. I made my sexuality no big deal and my friend simply assumed that everyone knew, not that that made it ok for her to tell anyone.

12. TheStormInside

YuriCore- That's cute :slight_smile: . I'm glad it went so smoothly. I've been trying to drop hints around these two friends for awhile now, sort of like you did, but less obvious. I just haven't been able to come out and say anything concrete just yet, until now. It's great you're so secure with yourself :slight_smile: .

Magnemma- That really sucks, I'm sorry. Maybe next time make sure to tell them you don't want a lot of people to know yet? If you're super casual about it people may assume you're out to everyone already unless you say otherwise.

13. PeacefulWarrior

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes, I came out a soooo silly way. Not just once. :icon_redf
    I wanted to tell to a classmate, and her 'best friends' was with her and I tried to explain I wanna tell to just that one person, but they didn't understand me. And I was too shy to tell them in a less kind way to leave us alone so I just told to 3 person at a time. And they aren't my friends so I'm sure they will tell my secret to other people. Which is not funny. :lol: Despite the fact that it happened years ago, this memory still haunts me sometimes. :eusa_doh: