1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Country Nobody Has Heard of Legalizes Same-Sex Marriage

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Pret Allez, May 26, 2015.

1. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Lafligblarg, a small, random ass country somewhere in eastern Europe, has legalized same-sex marriage, making it the thirty-seventh country nobody has ever heard of to legalize marriage before the United States. "We just thought it would be a nice idea, and this way, people have now heard of our country, because the United States still hasn't legalized same-sex marriage yet," stated Prime Minister, the Right Honorable, the Dame, Azira Hamerung. The move was made in parliament with a nail-biting 71-29 margin in favor. "We're disappointed in the vote. We believe that marriage is between one man and one woman," said Yirsen Wessen, leader of the opposition, Lafligblarg National Front.

In the past two years, public sentiment has really swung in favor of marriage equality, with a move from 51% to 78% support. Among church leaders, 74% were in support. The remaining 26% were in the Desert Goat Herding denomination. The fascist Lafligblarg National Front has been really stick up for the 26%, distributing propaganda leaflets to the public. "Be more like America, Leader of the Free World," writes Cassie Matis, for the National Front, whose previous polemic works included "Rape Shield Laws: Taking Away Men's Due Process," and "Paul Elam: Probably the Best Guy Ever to Walk the Planet."

Although nobody solicited her opinion on the matter, Cassie remarked, "As they say, you gotta love it or leave it. I think I'll leave it. And come to a free country like America."

If you think I'm being way too heavy-handed, you should at least appreciate this, starting at 2:10
    [youtube]nWAfnsSOMV8[/youtube]

2. AlamoCity

I honestly was expecting it to be a country like San Marino or Nauru :lol:.

3. josh91

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Good for Lafligblarg! I'm always glad to see marriage equality spreading through the world! One has to wonder, however, if they did it for the right reason or if they did it to show up America. But regardless of their motives the members of Lafligblarg's parliament have done a wonderful thing to make their country a better place for all of its citizens.

The video made me laugh. Americans like to think that our country is leading the world on civil rights issues. We may have had to argue and fight with each other about these issues more than in other countries, which makes it seem like we care more. But that's not leadership and it doesn't mean that we care, it means that we are struggling.