1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When I was 9...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by doinitagain, May 27, 2015.

1. doinitagain

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was thinking over the past few days about why homophobes are obsessed with gay sex and it struck me that they are acting like 9 year olds!

When I was nine and first discovered where babies come from I would see a pregnant woman and think 'I know what you've been doing' and was pretty disgusted!:lol:

It was only later that I realised that the couple were attracted to each other, courted (if I can still use that word), fell in love and possibly got married before having a child.

How can we get the homophobes to understand that we too go through similar stages before the sex bit? Why do they all act like 9 year olds?

(I know that we have the odd fumble and one night stands as well but so do the straights!)

2. Lyana

Somehow, I doubt homophobes would be much more accepting if someone told them gay people also flirted before fucking. And even if they were, I still wouldn't agree with them.

There's nothing wrong with having sex without the whole courtship -- falling in love -- baby thing. We need to get over the "Yuck, sex!" thing. It's sex. Almost everyone does it, and I don't know anyone who does it only (or even mostly) to reproduce. We're long past that point. We need a lot more sex positivity.

You're right, though. The gay sex = ick perception exists, and it's freaking annoying. I'm not completely convinced it exists for the reason you gave, though.

3. HugasaurusRex

But...Straight sex is ick! :wink: