1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Messed Up Sleep Schedules!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Miko, May 27, 2015.

1. Miko

Miko Guest

'Lo all! I've been pondering a few things here and there, one of them is sleeping, when you do sleep and what happens when you sleep too late or go to bed too early.

I'm self employed so I don't have to get up at any specific time, nor go to bed at any specific time. My sleep schedule appears to have turned into a "Sleep for nine hours, stay up for 15!" which of course, moves my sleep schedule around a lot. I tend to fix this by napping halfway through one day, then staying up as late as I can.

My normal sleeping pattern when it's in a pattern is to sleep at 4AMish and get up at around 1PMish, although it varies dependent on a lot of things and gets messed up pretty easily!

So, when do you go to bed and get up usually? Why those times? And what happens when your sleep schedule gets messed up? ^^

2. The Wallflower

I go to sleep at 12:00a.m. Sometimes 4:00... X3

I wake up at like maybe 6:00-8:00, and once I wake up I cannot sleep during the day.

I just suffer from insomnia sometimes. Plus, I dislike being in bed.

[​IMG]

3. Miko

Miko Guest

You... DISLIKE BED?! What is wrong with you man! Get yourself wrapped up immediately!

In all seriousness I think I like bed a little too much sometimes. xD

4. The Wallflower

What can I say, Miko? I need to be actively doing something. Otherwise... :lol:

[​IMG]

5. Miko

Miko Guest

Oh I know that feeling all too well... But sleep IS actively doing something! Sort of!

Right?

...Surely?!

[​IMG]

6. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I go to bed when I need to, if something is going on in several hours. But usually, over a period of time, I'll take 2-3 naps every 7-8 hours.

Ideally, I like to go to bed at around 5 AM and wake up between Noon and 1 PM. I'm a night owl by nature, would probably be the easiest answer, as to why it is those times.

When my sleep schedule gets messed up, it's not that common, but I'll just force myself to stay awake for an entire 24 hours, going to bed around 9-11 PM. This, usually, fixes it, if I can keep going to sleep at around 9-11 PM for another day or two.

7. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I go to bed at nine pm and wake up at something like eight or nine am, now that it's summer break. On school nights I went to sleep at nine pm and got up at five am, but next school year I'm at another campus, and school there starts later so I'll probably get up at around six instead.

I go to bed at nine pm because that's when my parents make me. :lol: But I don't fall asleep until about eleven, or even midnight, because I keep tossing and turning and never feel quite comfortable. (Especially now that it's warm weather. It's too hot to sleep!) I get up at eight or nine because... well, that's around the time I wake up naturally, and I don't want to lie in bed any longer because then I know the day will be too short, and I want to get lots of things accomplished over summer break.

Nothing much happens when I sleep schedule is messed up. Except I guess I'm mad at myself if I sleep in too late and don't have enough time to get things done. :lol:

8. Miko

Miko Guest

Two interesting and somewhat polar responses, I have to admit I'm a night owl myself, I find that if I get up too early I'm too tired by the time most of my friends are on that I get mad at myself! Nothing wrong with being either a night owl or a morning person though! :slight_smile:

Keep the awesome responses coming, this is a really interesting topic. ^^

9. Lone Dragon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I usually go to bed something like between 11pm-1am. No reason really, I'm usually not tired until really late a night.

I wake up though at 6am or 630am. I had school growing up at like 7am so I had to get up really early all the time. Plus when I work I work really early to. So I'm just used to waking up early all the time. I could go to bed at like 3am and wake up at like 7am no problem! It's annoying though because I have to try really hard to go back to sleep once I'm up again.

I'm would say I'm not really into sleep that much. It is not that I don't like sleeping, but being completely knocked out for hours, I find really strange.

I don't really ever sleep in unless I really want to, but if I go to bed late, I just loose the sleep! I can never make it up!:eek: Although I can run fine with 5-6 hrs of sleep at the moment.:icon_bigg

So I'm always up, but don't worry I'm fine!:grin:

10. Miko

Miko Guest

You better be! Otherwise I'll have to swing by with an emergency bed and soothing music. x3

Yeah, I have a few friends that get up super early, well, what I would consider super early anyway. 6AM - 9AM makes me feel really sad for some reason.... unless I've stayed up all night. Yeah I'm defiantly weird. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11. awdru15

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I need 5 hours at least if I don't get that am a pain in the arse get on everyone's nerves

12. Joelouis

Due to varying work times, I sleep when I can and if I'm tired.

Like tomorrow morning, I have to be in west London at 8:00am.
    Instead of struggling with the rush hour traffic, I'll head over there at 5:30 and get an hour or so sleep in my car when I get there.

On my days off, I have tried to catch up on sleep but end up doing bits round the house.

13. Psaurus918

I usually go to bed between 1-2AM and wake up by 9AM

Unless it's the weekend then sometimes I stay up until 3-4AM and don't wake up until 11AM

14. Phalange

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What is it like to not have a messed up sleeping schedule?

What is it like to get enough sleep?

What is it like being able to sleep when you go to bed?

I have forgotten.

Who needs sleep when you've got coffee?

15. Sienrar

I struggle to go to sleep and then when I finally do I wake up at 2 in the afternoon.

Can someone help me get back on track?

16. CelloTheCat

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My sleeping schedule is super weird. It changes so much, too. Lately I've finally been able to get 9 or 10 hours (yay!) Now I'm going to bed at midnight or 1am and waking up at 11am. I got up at 9:30am today, so maybe it's changing now. I have no idea. I'm homeschooled, so I get to sleep a little (a lot) later than most kids my age. It's very nice. :slight_smile:

17. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Depending on my shift I wake up between 4:30 and 5:30 am, and go to bed depending on my need for fun or get things done.

I'm a night owl, but the job forces me to keep this inhuman schedule, which I deeply hate.

On my coffeine you might find some blood.

No naps, there is no time for that and I don't like naps anyways.

18. Acm

Acm Guest

On weekdays I go to bed between 10:30-12:00pm and get up at 6am

On weekend I go to bed between 12:30-3:30pm and get up around 8:30am

19. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I work in a hospital be so have shifts all around the clock. As a result, I don't have a fixed sleep pattern. You just kind of get used to it.

Happy days :slight_smile:

20. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    On work days I get up at 5:00 am and I'm in bed no later than 11:00 pm. Days off I get up between 7-9 am (it just depends how I feel) and then I stay up until midnight usually.