1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this guy interested or not?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by amoore658, May 27, 2015.

1. amoore658

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Well, trying to cut a long story short here.

For a while now, I've had my suspicions a colleague from another store is interested in me.

Why I think he's interested in me:
    * First time I saw him, in his store, we made eye contact for a long period, and then he began acting all shy and awkward around customers
    * Another time I saw him, he really held eye contact with me when I was asking for something from behind the counter
    * He called into my store once, and I remember him nearly "breaking his neck" to look at me from the till

Only "problem"? He was in a relationship with a girl.

But here's what has made me think about it again.

The other day, I called into his store (I hadn't seen - or thought - about him in ages) and there he was, behind the till. He served me but I left quickly.

Then, tonight, he called into my shop. He came in & saw me (I think) and then left soon after without buying anything. We did have a sign up saying "Cash Only" (our card machines broke today) so I'm not sure if that's why he left?

I dunno. Am I overthinking this too much? It's just his behaviour I find strange... It's like he's into me and he's too shy to do anything.... Or I'm just being a creep & reading into it too much!

Any advice on what to do guys?! Cheers!

2. The Wallflower

You may be overthinking the eye contact thing. I have faced SO much eye contact in my life, and most of it meant nothing, even though I thought the opposite. Eye contact could be just that-- eye contact.

However, if he nearly broke his neck just trying to get a good look of you, he may be interested!

You could try dropping him a few hints. You could try winking at him next time you make eye contact, you could trying smiling at him... you know? Just let him notice these small little things, and see what happens.

I mean, at least that's what I would do...

Other people here would probably tell you to just go for it. Just go flirt with him, ask him if he's gay or just directly tell him you like him.

#2 The Wallflower, May 27, 2015
    Last edited: May 27, 2015
  3. RedHeadHatter

This is not really an advice, but I hope it offers some kind of help. I'm guessing it is because I am not out,but it's really hard for anyone to take interest in me (I mean some girls had ,but I never noticed it unless someone pointed it out to me, and then I would dodge the accusation saying they were probably overreacting), however, since I do tend to overthink everything I always assume the other person is straight unless they show themselves otherwise.

As for your case, if the description was not biased, there is a chance that your right. If you're willing to give it a go why don't you simply ask him. (But then again as I said I really can't relate to you so if I were you I would wait and see the next replies)