1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Perfectionism

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by randomly me, May 29, 2015.

1. randomly me

randomly me Guest

Are you a perfectionist or not?If so in which parts of your life?

Do you think perfectionism is something good as a motivation or something bad as it tends to get frustrating and never enough?

2. AlamoCity

I was a mega perfectionist growing up. My mom reminded me that when in elementary school, if I made a mistake, typo, wrong "font" (I needed all of the letter's bodies to be the same height), or too much slant on the letters (as right handed, my letters slant to the right but I wanted my letters to be "centered"), or stains on a paper, I would rip the paper and throw it away and start anew. I also would do the same if the paper did not tear perfectly from the journal. I must have gone through many journals in elementary school.

I got better and am no longer that bad.

I don't even know why I became like that. I had no concept of "perfectionism" at 8.

3. Spacewalker

I've almost always considered myself a perfectionist but now I'm not really sure anymore.
    Ofc I always find sth I could change in every part of my life and what I do. I was an extreme perfectionist when it came to art or sth creative, I couldn't stop if not everything was perfect. But now I just acknowledge sth being already perfect the way it is and how it is supposed to be. So I guess I'm kind of a perfectionist but more in recognizing that things are already 'perfect', if such thing as perfection even exists...

4. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

i R g00dz wit da gRaMmAR...........cuz mE hve hi st4ndaRDs...................................... ..... .... ...............!!

5. Spacewalker

@Kaiser, I was in such a wonderfully bad mood until you made me laugh....

6. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

It's part of what I do.

^.~

7. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Somewhat. At some point you have to decide that you've done a good enough job because there are other things to do. I would be less effective overall if I wasted too much time on one thing. Or at least that's what I tell myself to reduce frustration.

I tend to be quite a perfectionist at video games. In this case, perfectionism is good... at least until you're still playing when you really need sleep.

8. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, I am a perfectionist. It's good sometimes, because it gives you high standards and you have goals to work towards. It's very motivational, unless it gets out of hand and you criticize every single thing you do because its not "perfect". But, I had to realize, nothing is perfect, and I shouldn't let my standards and perfectionist attitude turn into self-criticism and hate, and work towards it instead.