1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

stay with me, you did sign up for this... right!? how to deal with homophobia

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by wannahavechange, May 29, 2015.

1. wannahavechange

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Heyo!!! Ladies, gents and cat people, today we are going to talk about homophobia. My quick q and rant for today is on how to deal with homophobia.. firstly in my opinion I wouldn't call homophobia by its name.. does that make sense, I mean a phobia is something you're afraid of. I think I'd call it homosexual misunderstanding... idk, mentally I'm like a naive 5year old then the next I'm a pervy wise beyond years type of guy.. lolz, it varies. So when someone talks to me or tells me that it's wrong what do i do..
    Me: "I do not give two fucks here or there, I do not give two fucks anywhere!!"
    Person:"...... ."

My thing is, being gay doesn't effect anyone who is straight, is it physically hurting you, is it causing you herniated Disks or head ulcers...NO!!!!! At the end of the day you don't come home with me, share my bedroom, let me wear your oversized shirts to bed, or coook me breaky wearing nothing but a pink apron ....( if I was actually dating... sad face) one day I want to be able to wake up and go into the bathroom and see our toothbrushes in the same holder... one of these dayszzzz... (okie getting off topic)
    I deal with homophobia by not giving two shits, at the end of the day you're not with me, I'm not going to let you ruin my day because of something you can't understand.
    Love to here from you guys. ;-)(!)(!)(!)

2. Theo Weiss

People who are homophobic are just ignorant and unwilling to be accepting of other peoples differences. I take this into consideration when I hear a homophobic remark; I just remember that they are obviously extremely ignorant. I just brush it off because I won't let an unintelligent person how to live my life.

3. EnviroLady

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey that's a great way to deal with it. Unfortunately there is always miscommunication and misunderstanding in life. I think the best way to deal with it is to educate people, ask them what it feels like to be in a heterosexual relationship, tell them it's disgusting and vile and say hey I don't want to judge you but if you are going to judge me I think it is gross you are with a girl/guy. Tell how it is great being a man who can't accidentally get a girl pregnant (yes I know it is not always great but just pretend it is) tell them how you don't judge their job, their hair and that they shouldn't be judging you. Tell them hey I'm ok with it if you have a problem I'm with a man then that is YOUR issue not mine and walk away. I think that's the best way to tell with homophobia.

4. wannahavechange

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

You just hit le nail on le head(!)(!)(!)

5. nicodiangelo

Out Status:
    A few people
    brilliant.

6. HugasaurusRex

I have not come across to much of it yet. But then, where I live being gay is not seen as a bad thing. But on the odd occasion that I have come across it, I just bring out the sassy diva in me and ensure they know exactly who they are referring to. I mean, I wouldn't want them to think I was straight! I am to fab-u-lous to be straight!

7. The Wallflower

On many instances, I wanted to tell my cousin I was gay. One time, while I was prepping to tell him, we started talking about a gay guy at school. He started saying things like:

''Well, he's ok... he just can't be gay around me.''

Obviously heartbroken, my response after that day was to ignore him. I don't need stupid people in my life, ya know?

8. CyanChachki

Homophobia is both a form of fear and ignorance. Homophobics fear the very idea of being proven wrong when it comes to their thoughts and beliefs and will do anything to stop others from changing their mind and their hearts. I don't believe that they'll ever understand that all we want is equality and peace.