1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do priests say at gay weddings?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Driftr, May 29, 2015.

1. Driftr

I've never been to a gay wedding, even though I am gay lool, but I've always wondered what a priest or a pastor would say at a gay wedding.

I, like most of you I image, have had my fair share of straight weddings and most of the time, Adam and Eve is mentioned and how the union of man and woman is a sacred thing blessed by god and all of that static. But the latest weddings I've gone to, they've actually managed to make my stomach turn and attack LGBT people as the f**king bride and groom smiles on to which I just wish them nothing but misery lool.

The priest at one of the weddings I went to said the typical "God make Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve" line and another pastor at another wedding said that the institution of marriage is under attack.

It just disgusts me how these people are so opportunistic, corny and extra that they feel like they need to add those lines to their speech at a wedding which is supposed to be about the two people, not a lame shade-fest for LGBT people. And it's funny, I haven't noticed them shading or outright attacking LGBT people at christian weddings until a few years ago. This is partly why I dread going to christian weddings now.

But then it hit me recently. What do priests at gay weddings say? Do they even touch the bible? Do they try to explain how mistranslated the bible is about LGBT people? What are some things that you heard priests say at gay weddings? Or better yet, what would you say if you were a priest at a gay wedding?

2. awesomeyodais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well I've never been at a gay wedding. Not sure about various other denominations but I doubt Catholic priests would be even present at that type of event. If they were, I think they would be obliged to say something like "May the eternal burning flames of damnation surround you for all of eternity blah blah blah"...