1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

End of the school year

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by choirsmash, May 30, 2015.

1. choirsmash

Well, I graduate next week so that's fun. My chorus teacher is the one I'll miss most haha but we'll be in touch. My friend and I made him a photo book on shutterfly and it turned out beautifully. It came with this nifty little pouch in the back, so I made a mixed CD of some of my favorite/most uplifting songs. The cover is a cliff over the ocean because he loves nature and it's really pretty.
    I'm listening to my mix right now and I can't deal with how great it is. I am shocked at how I managed to arrange it so perfectly. I'm gonna have to burn another one for myself haha

2. kaatkid

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Aw that's sweet. What are some songs on it?

3. choirsmash

Here's the complete list:
    1. Corner of the Sky-Pippin (he sang this song for his "audition"/interview for the chorus teacher position)
    2. Beautiful-Carole King (he has a quote from this song hung up in our keyboard lab)
    3. Morning Glow-Pippin (because he is bringing change and "winds of change are set to blow and sweep this whole land through" but it's also a good song)
    4. Lift A Sail-Yellowcard ("I can't choose when to love or who I am part of" can refer to LGBT if you want it to, but this song is also pretty uplifting)
    5. Make You Feel My Love-Bob Dylan (wish I had the Adele version.."I've known it from the moment that we met, no doubt in my mind where you belong" because he struggles with whether or not this job is right for him)
    6. On The Right Track-Pippin (to remind him that he's on the right track and he's in the right place)
    7. You Will Be Alright-Sean Forrest (kind of self explanatory, uplifting song)
    8. Shine On You Crazy Diamond-Pink Floyd (because he's a crazy diamond and needs to remember to keep shining bright)
    9. Extraordinary-Pippin (because he lives man extraordinary life and has taught me to do the same)
    10. Long Trip Alone-Dierks Bentley (because "everybody stumbles sometimes and needs a hand to hold" and he needs to be reminded of this)
    11. Corner of the Sky (sing-a-long)-Pippin (just because he knows it and I know he would love singing along)
    12. Will I-Rent (this represent me when I first came out to him and started talking to him about everything, he showed me he would care and that I would eventually wake from this nightmare)
    13. Don't Wait-Joey Graceffa (this represents him when I asked if I should come out on Twitter and he told me that if I'm ready, I shouldn't wait for the world to be..plus, it's a super good song)
    14. Defying Gravity-Wicked (representing me after everything we've ever talked about, also represents him since he's flying above the criticisms from other teachers who can't deal with change..or trying at least)
    15. Seasons of Love-Rent (represents this year, this was also our senior song for our spring concert)
    16. For Good-Wicked (this song perfectly describes my relationship with him and he knows it and agrees)

4. choirsmash

So I gave it to him today and it was the most adorable thing haha
    He was so happy and excited to look through it (which he did about 3 times in 10 minutes) and then he found the cd and he got super excited to listen to it. He said it meant a lot to him and he definitely almost cried, he probably will cry later. We have our senior awards banquet tonight, so I'm gonna see him then and if not, he'll be at baccalaureate rehearsal tomorrow morning. I just want to know what he thinks of the cd after he listens to it
    He was just so happy and now I'm happy that I could make his day like that

5. choirsmash

Oh my gosh he's so happy about this. He is telling other teachers about it and showing them because he just loves it so much. I was in the school today and this one teacher I have never had just stopped me in the hall and went "are you one of the ones who made that book for Mr. P?" And I said yes and she went on to say how nice that was and how impressed she was and I was like thanks he really deserves it haha and it just made me smile. He also said today that he wanted a picture of the 3 of us that worked on it at graduation in our caps and gowns. He said he was gonna listen to the cd today, so I'll hear about that tomorrow morning or at baccalaureate. I'm just so happy that I helped make his life haha