1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Can Life Hold?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by WolfyFluff, May 30, 2015.

1. WolfyFluff

WolfyFluff Guest

Just as a sidenote I'm not comtemplating the worst, but I've been thinking about a lot of things in my life. What makes living now worth living? A lot of things have been put into perspective and it feels as though my life hasn't meant anything even though I've been doing things to make something of it. I don't understand.

#1 WolfyFluff, May 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2015
  2. mickey1101

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I feel like this often too,especially since i started to question religion and i think its very much personal. For me what keeps me going is wanting to accomplish something, not anything to really get me remembered, more like to help others and to do what i want to specifically i have to stay. Thats not to say i haven't wanted to give up but in alot of ways i look outside myself for reasons to stay. I dont know ifjust made since or not.

3. Decandyman

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I too have questioned the meaning of life. Essentially i believe that life is meaningless, we exist because we just happen to exist. We don't say that animals have a meaning or purpose, so thereby what purpose do we have. Although i still consider the possibilities of a meaning behind life. look into philosophy it you are interested in meaning and existence.

HOWEVER, despite this, i believe that people should create their own meaning regarding the universe and life and for that i hold the position that life can be very valuable. There are so many situations and opportunities within life that to say that life cannot hold any value is to deny the possibility that it can. Your life doesnt have to match what society expects a life should be. In fact people should live their lives the way they want to in accordance with their values and beliefs.

i will put this in a statement:

You are the architect of your own destiny, no one else but you chooses to mold and shape your life and whatever life you have shaped, ultimately becomes a masterpiece.

4. EnviroLady

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi Wolfy have you told anyone you are feeling like this? Are their reasons you are not enjoying your life? Bad relationships with family? Not seeing or feeling close enough to friends? Not having a job you enjoy? Is there anything that would make you like life more? Perhaps a holiday? A new job? Maybe more friends or connecting to and helping others? Have you tried volunteering for a worthwhile cause? Spending time with the older people in society who have lots of interesting stories and can get lonely due to lose of their partners and loss of independence due to mobility issues, perhaps you could spend some rtime with children who have the most amazing imaginations? Do you enjoy painting, drawing, watching tv? I'm here for you if you want to vent about anything or just chat about your day. I hope you are feeling better soon.

5. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Music, nature, a good warm cup of coffee while reading your fav newspper, web or mag... The information, the memories of a rainy day while walking down a crowded street and the moment that girl's eyes met yours, and the second you were just about to tell her something, but you didn't, so you collected another long goodbye again, wondering if she thought about you afterwards the same way you are thinking about her right now.

You need to find your own meaning.

6. WolfyFluff

WolfyFluff Guest

thanks for the input. I'll try to have a meaning to look to.

7. Zombi3

I've always felt that way, but life is so special.. I want to discover the world :slight_smile: I want to see everything.

8. CyanChachki

Everyone has a reason to live, it's just that sometimes it takes awhile to find. It can be one reason or 100 reasons. It can be the simplest of things. Your mission right now is to find it. Once you find it and own it, you can take things to the next level.

9. xylaz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I think life is pointless, random, and mundane in a philosophical way.
    This sounds depressing but it's what I feel is true for me. That is rather subjective then. Therefore what life holds is entirely subjective and relative to what we grow to value and hope for. We experience the world differently than "animals" and have more variety in emotion to interpret it so it's ultimately what one makes of it. That's fun. We get to be creative.
    What makes it worthwhile for me is curiosty and new experiences like the opportunity to travel, see rare natural wonders, meeting a person you click with emotionally as well as the bad things that we can look back on with humor.
    My signature really inspired me on this:icon_bigg