1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Hate...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kodo, May 31, 2015.

1. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hate shaving. Yeah, maybe that has to do with the fact that I'm trans*masculine and I feel I should be at least a bit hairy. I mean, I'd shave the non-existent peach fuzz on my face if I could get away with it - just because I wanted to. But body hair? Excuse possible TMI, but I want hairy pits and legs and everywhere else. Unfortunately becoming a "she" bear in the eyes of my family would not be looked highly upon.

Any other trans*guys deal with this?

I know shaving in general is a matter of preference but yeah... I was thinking of just telling my parents that I'm not shaving anymore because I like body hair. If they think that's gross then whatever. It's my choice. But then again, I have doubts because I don't want to disrespect them because they're quite traditional (especially my mother) when it comes to how a "lady" should act.

I just feel like when I shave my pits or legs, that I'm shearing my lion's mane and losing manliness. I feel so girly afterward. Ugh. Maybe I'm just being ridiculous...

**I realize after writing it that this probably should be in the Gender Expression column, but I don't know how to move it**