1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am a Dish, a lot of people are a cake.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Justinian20, May 31, 2015.

1. Justinian20

Okay so the title sounds weird I admit, but it is relevant to a metaphor I use to describe my personality in comparison to so many others.

I am like a very strange and authentic dish, apart the ingredients do not look good together but when they are all put together that dish becomes a complete item. I feel like all my elements of my personality are exactly that.

Everyone else I see and the majority of the world are more like a cake in which everything is perfect together all elements of your personality fit each other snugly. This is feminine guys, masculine girls, masculine guys, inbetweeners of genders(by this I mean guys who aren't femme or masc and girls who aren't femme or masc) and femme girls. Also there are so many types of personality that you get and it seems those people are obviously fitting into their group.

so what group do you fit into with your personality, or are you a personality that just doesn't fit in with any group.

2. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    And what it all boils down to, is that no one's really got it figured out just yet. ♪ ♫

3. Decandyman

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I dont really feel like my personality fits in with any group. The majority of time im quiet, sensitive, idealistic and reflective but some times i can be pretty down right weird and eccentric and at times you could say that i was a 'loner' or that i was lost.

I think the important thing is to be yourself and be authentic and have integrity with your values and beliefs as well as making sure that you exercise free thought, that you have the ability to stand up for what you believe in and not be pressured by a group to think and feel the same way they do. I guess individuality is the key word here but belonging is also important as it allows us to connect and establish meaningful relationships with others that really do benefit us greatly.

Lol i sound like im doing an essay, sorry about that, ive been busy writing essays for uni hahaha.

4. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think a lot of people are actually shit sandwiches and are doing their best to cover up all but the nice white bread. We're flawed and forced to compete in this world where not all flaws can be addressed and fixed. It's a weird status quo that came out of that situation where we see ourselves as more flawed and stressed than everyone else, but that's almost universal.

5. Gandee

Gandee Guest

Another self-reflective and examine our place in the world thread? And with food metaphor? Love it =)

To some extent, everyone feels they don't fit in any group, that's normal. We live inside our head all the time so sometimes we think that other people don't get us.

Now let get ahead with the food metaphor. Yes, you are a perfectly unique dish. Because you are food, your nature changes over time. Are you fermented wine or spoiled milk? Some of your flavors will get stronger, some will get weaker, some will be completely different. You will lose some old customers and gain new ones over the course of your life-shelf, I mean, life span.

And then, we realize that other tasters are actually food too. Some food get along so well like pizza and cocacola. Different types of food bring new flavors. Then we get deeper and realize that all food are composed of fat, protein, water and sugar. So while we are unique, we are also similar in our essential needs.

After a long and winding of bad metaphors, having individuality is great, having a sense of belonging is great. The important thing is not to please everyone, but attract the right type of people by being genuine. (Those people might actually be very different from each other, but nonetheless a nice complement to your dish)

6. candyjiru

I feel like I am a chocolate chip cookie XD;;; Sometimes I can be gussied up (with fancy chocolates), I can change easily to suit other people's preferences (with m and ms or other add-ons), but I'm generally someone who gets along with everyone (although there's always someone who's a hater) but isn't really thought about until someone needs some comfort~~

7. HugasaurusRex

Using Candyjiru's way...I would see myself as a cookie...You think I am a chocolate chip cookie...But when you bite me I am a raisin cookie! Oh the dread!

8. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've got chocolate salty balls. Big, salty & brown.

Seriously now... If you ask me, I'll define myself as Vodka mixed with something else, depending on my mood.

I'm a screwdriver basically.

9. HugasaurusRex

So we can stick you in and screw you?

10. Awesome

In college in Massachusetts, from Pennsylvania
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :eek: That sounds just like me, minus the sensitive part. I sometimes feel like people forget parts of their personality to conform perfectly with their group.

11. lovecraft

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think it's incredibly hard to define personality, especially when it can change depending on people.
    I feel like a pineapple upside down cake. I'll get back to you on why..

12. The Wallflower

I feel like I'm a Skittle, and everyone else is just an M&M.

I guess some people just can't handle tasting the rainbow.

13. Miles16

Miles16 Guest

My personality is a baked potato

14. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Only if you are of the female gender.

Otherwise.... Not if you appreciate having tooth.

:slight_smile:(*hug*)