1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jamie Lee Curtis?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by mj89, Dec 4, 2008.

1. mj89

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So I'm in a brain and cognitive sciences class and we were talking about hormones and chromosomes and what makes someone genetically (in their mind/body) male and female (all of the fun stuff). When we started talking bout chromosome disorders.

So apparently Jamie Lee Curtis has Androgen insensitivity syndrome, which is when a person who is genetically male (has one X and one Y chromosome) is resistant to male hormones called androgens. So the person has some or all of the physical characteristics of a woman, despite having the genetic makeup of a man.

So what came to my mind was that she is married to a man. Now I know that I should ignore labels, but the first thought that came to mind was is she a straight women? Maybe technically a gay man? Would it work to say that she's kinda a MtF? You would just think that if you're genetically a male then you would have a higher chance of being attracted to females...

I mean her body is genetically female but her brain is genetically male. But she probably self-identifies as a women and is therefore straight.

thoughts?

2. BeautifulStranger

This is just a rumor.

And it's been around a loooooooooooooooooooong time.

One of the attributing factors is her unisexual name.

I personally believe that the scream squeen is all woman. Of course, if it were true, it wouldn't change anything. I'd love her nonetheless.

3. mj89

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    The rumor was that she is a hermaphrodite (which is actually quite different).

So let's ignore Jamie Lee then...just think of people with this syndrome in general

4. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Hmm.....I have never heard that about Jamie Lee Curtis before.