1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wisconsin-Scott Walker political question

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by dano218, Jun 1, 2015.

1. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am doing research on candidates who might be the most competitive to Hilary Clinton from a Democrat perspective and I don't understand how Scott Walker the governor of Wisconsin survived his recall election while the state when for Obama on election day 2012. I know this is a complicated question and many people do cross the party lines but was wondering if somebody had a more clear perspective on how he survived a recall in democratic state while at the same time elected a democratic senator. Politics is weird and confusing I guess.

2. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Two words: Koch brothers.

In politics, whoever has the most money wins, and the billionaires poured tons and tons of money into that recall election so that Walker ads would drown out Tom Barrett's (Walker's Democratic opponent) campaign completely.

3. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Makes sense. Those Koch brothers are really the biggest threat. I seen their ads and they are nasty, divisive and full of lies to the point where moderate dems feel victim to them badly.

4. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    He survived because he's corrupt as hell. Like, corrupt even by Republican standards. He's playing politics with the jobs of thousands upon thousands of union teachers, firefighters, police officers, and so on and the establishment Republicans are eating it up. He's also been able to pass Right To Work (Which should be called Right To Work For Less) through the state legislature. Also, the millions he got from the Koch Brothers helped as well, and now he's their backed candidate for President.

5. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

You think that's confusing? Try Kentucky.

We vote Republican almost always, but locally, Democrats do a lot better. In fact, Kentucky has a Democratic governor, despite our tendency to vote Republican in national elections.

6. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh believe me i heard all about Kentucky and the fact they elect more democratic governors to office than republican while electing republican senators and representatives to Washington. I think it is stupid because the State Sen, State House Of Reps or Delegates The Governor, Senate, House of Reps, and the Presidents office all affect each other in some way and people screwing up the process by voting for people in both parties. But no in Massachusetts, Illinois and Maryland they decided to elect a Republican governor while in the general election they will be dedicated democrats. Your not helping either party that way and it does not make any sense.

7. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Locally, I often vote Democrat, but I usually vote libertarian nationally or for governor. A local political climate can change things. Plus, I am sure KY has a lot of "blue dog Democrats" in the same way that we have Reagan Dems in this county.

8. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    True The acceptance for moderates which I have researched though in either party is dying out though which sucks for us that are more moderate kind of people not liking everything about each party. Nobody loves moderates anymore and that is just kind sad. But at the state level the level of trust I guess is different too and there is different perspective with some people on who they want to represent them at each level. Politics is complicated that is for sure.