1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Life is beautiful... right?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by The Wallflower, Jun 1, 2015.

1. The Wallflower

As many of you know, there are people here that are feeling very... down.

Sadness, loneliness, stress, frustration, anger, confusion...

When you have the horrible sickness known as depression, you can sometimes feel all of these in one day. It's no secret that many of us here have suffered/suffer from it.

I suffer from it myself, and I'm working on it. I try to be positive and optimistic... but sometimes, it's not easy. Especially when the people around you aren't helping.

I want all of you wonderful souls to write down anything positive; ANYTHING that will give people that are feeling a bit sad a reason to smile.

Hope.

Let them know why life is beautiful! You never know what a few words can do.

Wanna know why life is so great? You're alive, and one day you're going to meet your significant other. Your dreams ARE going to come true, and you're going to be one of the happiest people on Earth.

I promise. (*hug*)

2. Gandee

Gandee Guest

Thank you for the beautiful post ^_^, (*hug*)
    I enjoy life in many ways I can. I find joy in simple things: summer rains, the meal I had last night, that music I'm listening to, understanding parents...Life is great when you learn to appreciate things you've taken for granted. And you have more strength than you realize. Life's tough, but you can be tougher.

3. lovecraft

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What a lovely idea.
    Life is beautiful because my job is to help people who are struggling and show them that they are supported and cared for. Life is beautiful because of the horribly sad times and the inexplicably happy times.

4. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Beautiful idea for a post~ (*hug*) it cheered me up
    Well, I think life is beautiful. (I'd say the opposite maybe an hour ago)
    I think that...when you're upset, that one negative things becomes your always. And the good thing becomes "rarely" or "never"... But in reality, it's a balance of good and bad, and keeping a positive outlook, concentrating on the good helps a lot.

I think life's beautiful because there are many nice, amazing and helpful people out there...and everybody knows or will soon know someone like that, whether it will be a friend, family member, or lover. There are too many good opportunities in life and it's not worth giving up~
    (*hug*) free hugs for anyone who needs it~

5. Purp

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Always focus on what you want from life and make it happen to the best of your ability. Keep yourself happy and contented with you, because no matter what it's your life and its your design UNLESS... you let others design it for you.

6. Lone Dragon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Aww this is awesome Wallflower!!

Life is beautiful because you can make life anything you want it to be. You are the master of your own destiny! You can do whatever you want, (under the law of course).:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    Cherish the bad times because they will make you stronger and will make you cherish the good times even more:slight_smile:

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. -Walt Disney

7. Celatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There's always something worth living for :slight_smile:
    I went through a very bad period of depression and suicidal thoughts, and afterwards I can't say how grateful I am to have the opportunity to enjoy the little things in life. Good food is just the best :grin: And don't forget shiny electronics, cars, entertainment, scenery, literature, and so many other wonderful things in this modern world. Don't stress so much about the big picture of life, just enjoy the moments you can!

8. Christiaan

Christiaan Guest

Life is not always beautiful. There are times when you have to fight hard to survive, and some of us go through terrible hardship. Some of us subjected to injustice that only a few people, in the entire world, would ever understand, and they spend a lot of time feeling alone. There are also those of us who have actually done things we shouldn't have, and that is a terrible thing to live with.

When I have felt this way, I have found peace in simple things. If you have eyes, which not all of us do, you can find peace in stopping to take in all of the different kinds of plants around you, just for a simple beginning. Drive or stroll through a nice neighborhood, and think about the thought that must have gone into picking just the right plant for just the right place. Where you see pavers stacked into a bank to hold the soil, stop and wonder, did the owner of the house spend hours doing that job himself, dust off his or her hands at the end of the task, and feel a moment of pride? That's just simple stuff you can see right on the surface.

Just taking in a little more of a the world around us can put us on a different page. It's easy to do, but it's hard to remember to do. We often get so wrapped up in our problems, which are often real ones, that we forget about what else is going on out there, and we forget that most of the stories that we can find, out there, are really happy ones, if we look close enough.

What really kills you is the tunnel-vision, and that's easier said than done to break out of. I understand.

#8 Christiaan, Jun 2, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
  9. JessRae

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yeah if you think of it that way then it will be beautiful. :slight_smile:

10. The Wallflower

Life is worth living because there are people like him:

[YOUTUBE]9EZpq2sD6wE[/YOUTUBE]

11. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Life is beautiful because we are all products of an ancient, cosmic explosion, reformed by gravity, powered by nuclear fusion, and grew into the opportunity to see the huge and tiny miracles all around us. I don't claim to understand exactly how bad some people have it (although it breaks my heart even attempting to wrap my head around some suffering) but we're here, and that's pretty cool.

#11 Argentwing, Jun 2, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
  12. Spatula

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's more to life than happiness, and to measure one's life purely on the happiness you've experienced up to one point is disingenuous. Knowledge is worth something, even if it doesn't lead to happiness.

Your life is your knowledge, your experiences, and your impact on those around you, as well as the pursuit of happiness. It's all of those things.

For people in their late teens to early 20s, it can be easy feeling like you've done nothing noteworthy... this can lead to feelings of worthlessness, feelings of stress, feelings that you have to do so much to justify yourself and it's stressful. The way society works it's pretty hard to do anything other than soak up education and entertainment and food by that age. You shouldn't beat yourself up if you haven't done much else. Frankly life's not a race. From 30 to 70 you've got 40 solid years to do something with it before age makes it difficult.

But the point about young adults and late teens having a rough time is important. Because of the way society has changed over time, people have less control for longer periods of their life and that's frustrating. Also, from the age of 18 to 23, your brain tends to start using emotions more in its processing. This is a particularly rough age, in my opinion. Eventually you will find a way to integrate those new emotions as powerful decision-making tools and your personality will flesh out in good ways, but many people go through a rough patch in those years. Just know that if you're having a rough patch--it will end!

Also know that your parents, family, and friends care about you. No matter what the nature of your relationship is with them, you are a light in their life and if you're feeling a bit down on yourself, you may not realize how important those connections are to them.

#12 Spatula, Jun 3, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
  13. Sek

Sek

There is good even in the bad: growth, learning, realising there's things to be changed, progression towards better.

I have grown to appreciate the bad times, for it is those which distinguish the good times and make them worthwhile. If you got everything you wanted all the time, what would be the point in living? If every moment was good, would you appreciate them?

Always look for the good in the bad. Always look for a lesson to be learned.

14. The Wallflower

Please come back.

15. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Not sure if life is always, beautiful, but it's full of interesting stuff.

16. itsmary

life is priceless, it's a gift. we gotta love it, we gotta live every second.

17. Lazuri

Life is beautiful.

[​IMG]

18. The Wallflower

Going to be honest. I'm pretty damn bothered that a thread about politics became so popular, yet a thread like this, made to cheer people up, has been ignored.

There was a thread made by someone clearly suffering from severe depression, and quite a bit of time passed before that person got only one reply: mine.

I thought this was a place for people to get help and support.

Very dissapointed.

Life is freaking amazing. You get to experience an adventure that lasts a lifetime. Sometimes the trip takes a sour turn, but don't let those ruin the fun!

Be happy! Smile! It helps you live longer.

Life is a mystery... a cool one! Don't you want to see what tomorrow brings? :grin:

19. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

Wallflower kun, this is the one of the best threads I've seen on here in a long time and I absolutely think you deserve more credit for it; I'm sorry I didn't reply earlier but I thought it goes without saying that we all could use more of your uplifting positivity in our lives. Thanks, alot for doing this for us, especially those of us who are dealing with alot of bullshit at the moment and have a hard time staying optimistic. This is the type of support that actually can make a difference and save lives, and nothing is more important than that

20. Kaboom

You are all beautiful and deserve to be happy

(&&&)