1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Surfing?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Shevanel, Dec 4, 2008.

1. Shevanel

Anyone else love surfing or just the beach in general? Surfing is what made me realize who I am now so Its like an important part of my life too. I miss the beach :frowning2:

Anyone else?

EDIT: I just realized how dumb it looks for "SurferDude420" to be talking about Surfing... how typical lol.

#1 Shevanel, Dec 4, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2008
  2. kevinx519

i havent tried surfing yet but im dieing to learn. and i do love the beach a lot. im a swimmer so the water has always been one of my favorite places to be. too bad i dont live close to it, but thats the definite location of my house one day.

3. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I can't surf at all, but it's not like we ever get the right waves to do it anyway. And I'm not really a huge fan of the beach. Heat + sand + screaming children make me uncomfortable, not relaxed.

4. Shevanel

thats cool. Surfing is like the most amazing thing you could possibly do. but if you don't like water, i can see why you wouldn't like it. water is pretty important for surfing u know? lol

5. n8i2c7k

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I love surfing although i havnt gone in years :frowning2:
    I dont go to the beach much either but once i get to college and get more free time i think im going to go a lot more. The beach is one of the reasons why im staying home for college :grin:

6. RaRa

I live like 15 miles away from the beach but rarely go. I hate the beach so therefore, i hate surfing too. :grin:

7. Shevanel

:frowning2: that's sad

8. xequar

I live in Michigan, so there's plenty of water around.

None of it ever gets to surfing height.

9. AeonToy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    i miss the beach.... the sound, the smell, everything... except i dont surf, but i like everything else :grin:

10. edogs334

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I love the beach and the water- I'm from New England, so I grew up relatively close to the ocean. Although I've never surfed with a surfboard, I've boogie-boarded on several occasions, which was a whole lot of fun. I still own a boogie board, which I first got on my trip to San Diego a few years ago (the beaches there are awesome). I'm dying to use it again this summer (either on the Cape or Rhode Island) when I come home for break.

11. tomahto72

tomahto72 Guest

How can you NOT love surfing... I love everything about the beach and I live 1 hour from both the Gold and Sunshine Coasts in Queensland its fab. Knobby's is my favourite beach closely followed by Greenmount. I haven't surfed in a long time though I prefer knee-boarding (Hardly anyone does it anymore, my board is 20 years old:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) Seriously surfers have come up and asked if they could have a go!!!
    Ah... I would never consider a life without access to a beach!

12. UnderARock

Out Status:
    Some people
    I was actaully thinking just the other day that I can't remember the last time I went to the beach, it's been a few years. If you know anything about the city I live (<--- see sidebar) you'll know how werid that is. I personally live less than 5km from the beach and ocean. I haven't gone, I don't hate the beach or anything.
    I have never been surfing, maybek should try it out (if I ever get fit) idk.

13. Shevanel

wow, I know a lot about where you live UnderARock, it's like one of the places i wish i was living right now lol. definitley try it!

14. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd love to try, but unfortunately, I can't swim and have a serious balance problem. I have enough trouble standing on flat ground. It looks like a lot of fun, though.

15. yahooooo

yahooooo Guest

Oh I love surfing so much!! Unfortunately due to being stupidly busy with other things and having no transport it's been far too long since I have been.... but next year when I can drive I'll be on the beach all summer!! I live really close to the beach and in an area where everyone has at least tried it. But yes, I LOVE IT!!!!

16. crystaltriforce

i don't do much at the beach when i do go because the closest beaches i can get to are in jersy... and jersy beaches suck. no offense to anyone who lives in jersy.

17. Gumtree

I was surfing at Knobby's beach a few weeks ago on a holiday to Yapoon!

I LOVE surfing, and the beach; I'm not great at all at surfing, I'm more of a Kite Boarder, i prefer the speed compared to that of traditional surfing but hey, whatever keeps me in the water. :grin:

18. sdc91

I've tried kneeboarding, but that's about as close to surfing as I've ever gotten.

The Galveston Bay is absolutely disgusting, so there's no way anyone would surf. It's brown, and the seafoam is yellow-green. Plus there's no real beach with sand (except for a couple areas); it's a seawall with chunks of rock 17 feet below. Blechh.

19. Shevanel

the jersey beaches aren't that bad. Long Beach Island? thats where i learned how to surf :frowning2:

20. Mestiz0

Dude, I am actually REALLY interested in surfing :slight_smile:

As you can see on the left, I live in California...Beaches EVERYWHERE! I Have NEVER surfed in my life though... Maybe SurferDude can send me some tips? Good starting boards? Just like how I can get started and stuff :slight_smile: I have boogie boarded plenty of times though and I love it. I sometimes get scared that a shark will come up and bite me...or a jellyfish or stingray will sting me...fear of the unknown. Can't see anything down in the water while I am busy trying not to get crushed by waves.

I also don't really have the body :frowning2: I need to work out and cut some pounds I think!

If anyone can give me tips on starting out though, that would be great! It's not beach season right now, but that gives me time to prepare :thumbsup:

#20 Mestiz0, Dec 10, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2008