1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fun ways to keep in touch with your friends/relationships?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Sek, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Sek

Sek

My boyfriend and I recently re-discovered the Draw Something app which we have been enjoying playing together. It's been a great way for us to keep in touch and have a bit of fun when we're apart.

What fun or different ways do you have to keep in touch with your friends or boyfriend/girlfriend?

2. ThatGuyT

ThatGuyT Guest

A friend form back home(Namibia) told me to get snapchat today. I'm still a bit confused while using the app but once I get the hang of it I think it'll be loads of fun. So yeah...I think I will use snapchat to stay in touch. Other than that skype is always fun. :slight_smile: I've never heard of the Draw Something app. I'll definitely go check it out.:thumbsup:

3. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I use that app~
    My girlfriend loves to make fun of my phone drawing skills.
    We also do these silly texting games, like, send the first picture that comes up in your mind when I say this, or, make as many references to anime/video games in under ten minutes, or speak in silly rhymes. We also watch anime "together" We do this by watching it on our computers while staying on facetime and cuddling pillows instead of each other.

4. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    What about letters?

It's an old fashioned ritual : The stamps, the pen & paper, the envelope, sitting on a cafe and taking your time...

I used to receive between 8-10 letters a week, most of them longer than 2 pages. Most of them are lost, at least the ones I received.

I miss those days... Letters and tapes, and hunting for stationery with more than one single purpose in mind. It was a fun, simple thing.

Haven't received many emails that felt like a true letter. Most of them seem like telegrams to me.

5. Siarad

My 90 year old Granny is obsessed with her Ipad and 'Words With Friends' - she has games going with three of her four children, six out of eight grandchildren and a grandchild's boyfriend! I'm sure it has contributed in some way to her being one of the most 'with it' 90 year olds you can imagine.

I play 'Words With Friends' with my Mum and Dad as well (particularly useful for Dad who can get quite isolated) and 'Draw Something' with Mum.

I used to make sure I wrote letters to my Grandpa, though, who was the opposite to Granny and not technological at all. In it's way, that felt more special and an intimate connection with him. Of course, I can keep Grandpa's letters and I can't really do that with 'Words' or 'Draw Something'.

6. MindvsHeart

MindvsHeart Guest

With my best friend we mostly keep in touch via Snapchat or old fashion letters while with another friend we keep in touch through email.

7. Sek

Sek

I love writing letters! I would totally love to do that but I feel like we see each other too much so the content would be quite repetitive/uninteresting.. But the anticipation, the effort put into them, the joy of receiving something someone put time into doing. Instant communication has kind of devalued it all.