1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your own Restaurant

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Purp, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Purp

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you were given the opportunity to run your own restaurant, what would it be like? Describe your dream restaurant! :slight_smile:

... As for myself, I'd love to own a fine dinning, Russian style tea parlor. That'd be awesome. And I'd serve water in a wine glass (that is a huge turn on for me :slight_smile:)

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Semi-formal Italian restaurant and piano bar. I'd serve things like shrimp scampi, penne alla vodka and various wines/champagnes to the dulcet sounds of piano ballads. If I could fit it in the menu, I'd also like an extensive selection of desserts and coffee drinks to encourage lingering and relaxation after the meal.

And to loosen the atmosphere a bit, frequent karaoke nights. :grin:

3. AlamoCity

Can't you just serve water in a water goblet? :lol:

[​IMG]

4. Purp

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Beautiful!

5. Psaurus918

A high end organic style restaurant. Everything local. Fine wines, mixologist style drinks, craft beers.

Or a gourmet burger joint with quality beef, quality wraps and salads, good beer selection

6. Taly

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    A simple, modern, modest style café. With a bakery inside of it, with a lot of different kinds of bakery-sweets from around the world.

The café is good with tea too. <3 lol

7. tscott

A real French bistro like you can find in Les Halles in Paris. Old, atmospheric with high quality working class, peasant foods. I'd still use cloth napery, heavy white china, over-sized cutlery. and Picard style glasses for everything. A wait staff in traditional long aprons, black trousers, white shirts with black bow ties. A few high end specialties to attract the foodies. The clientele could be dressed in Channel or overalls. A place of good food and pairings, a place catering to a local cliental.

8. Bi in MD

Out Status:
    A few people
    I have no desire to own a resturant, I cant think of a worse thing for me.
    Dont get me wrong, Im glad there are those that do aspire to greatness in this field because I like to eat fine food.

So, If I had one, people would walk in the door, walk past a freezer and pick out a pre-packaged tv dinner, move along to the microwave counter, heat the meal then take it to a table and eat.

freezers would be like the vending machines, you can pay with cash or card.
    best part? I only have to pay 1 employee, that person can keep the freezer stocked, keep the dining area clean and make sure the trash is taken out. No register means little chance of a robbery.

Ok, who is first in line for their frozen pot pie dinner?

9. Rainbows~Exist

I'm fond of the idea of a sort of downtown jazz-clubesque style restaurant with live music.

10. Still Me

I would like to run a community restaurant. Basically, people pay for ingredients and a small fee to use the equipment, but cook their own meals. I think cooking is a really important life skill so I want to teach people how to cook. I would incorporate cooking classes with a graduation meal cooked by students, but sold to customers. I live in a poor area so a lot of people don't have access to a fully equipped kitchen.

11. TheStormInside

Cat Cafe! Sip tea and munch on baked goods all the while petting friendly kitties. Complete with sunny window seats so you may bring your favorite book and lounge with a cup of tea in one hand, a book in the other, and a cuddly kitty on your lap.

12. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    An upscale Korean restaurant, featuring traditional Korean woodwork/architecture, and a menu that had modern twists on the classics, using fresh, seasonal ingredients.

We would have the best Mandoo (dumplings) in the world! And a wide Soju selection. (Korean Sake-like drink)

13. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd have a restaurant that recreates the experience of single people who live alone. There would be a big comfy couch, and one of those tray-tables that would slide to allow you to eat while watching your own TV. The menu would include pizza, popcorn and a small carton of ice cream.

14. tscott

I can see it now. When you say you're serving small cartons of ice cream you mean the individual serving size of Ben & Jerry's (a full pint), right?

15. Bi in MD

Out Status:
    A few people
    when you open it let me know.
    Would love to be one of the first customers. Going to have to skip the Soju selection however.

Baltimore is just a quick ride from where I live, 50 to 97 to 695 and then in on whichever road is closest to your facility. ( Im thinking somewhere around Fells Point would be good)

16. candyjiru

I'd love to have a cafe~~ I've worked as a barista and love pastries and cakes, so I think that would be nice~~ and it could be super cutesy ^.^

17. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    But of course! :grin:

18. RainDreamer

Stuffed animal cafe. Full of stuffed animal, everywhere. For kids and adults alike. Sometimes people just need a nice fluffy thing to hug real tight - cats and dogs doesn't seems to like being squeezed.

19. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I don't feed people, it's people who feeds me 'cause I'm a cat.

Cats run a jazz bar in a dark cellar, somewhere obscure and almost invisible, the only publicity being word to mouth.

There is live music 3 times a week, we'll warm you a pizza if you ask nicely (but you'll eat it on the back, mind you, where our mini kitchen is), and the coffee machine is turned on 24/7.

There is a good amount of books lying around, even on the floor, and from time to time we get some flowers.

Smoking is allowed, and we won't refuse to allow you during the concerts even if you are a minor.

We do regularly poetry slams, geek parties and we are planning to open a hackerspace, so don't ask again about wifi... Just turn on your laptop and download whatever you want 'cause information should be free anyways.

And please somebody tell Snowden or Stallman to come over here and give us a hand with the soundcheck, thanks...

20. Awesome

In college in Massachusetts, from Pennsylvania
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It shall be called: The Awesome Shack. It will have fresh fruit and grilled meats and vegetables. There will be fancy bread with olive oil. There will be posters of awesome horses on the walls. The waiter(ess) will give you back that little book thing with your credit card and say, "Have an awesome day!"