1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trouble Identifying with Gay Community

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Countryguitar, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Countryguitar

Out Status:
    A few people
    So I am definitely non staight (leaning more gay recently) and I struggle to identify with the gay community as a whole. As hypocritical as it seems I am politically conservative (lbgt rights supporter though) and just a "country good ole boy" that happens to like men.

Am I just not trying enough? I'm very reserved and pda and being super open about sex in general makes me uncomfortable as I was raised as an old fashioned conservative.

Am I just over analyzing things?

2. AlamoCity

I don't disagree with anything you said, even the whole "conservative on PDA" if it also applies to straight couples. Lord knows they're the most prone to be sexual in public :lol:.

People raised certain ways do tend to carry baggage and it can shape their views. It's ok, so long as it's not self-hate one has.

3. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just because someone is gay doesn't really mean they want to have sex 24/7. Also, not every gay couple is going to be performing PDA.

4. Countryguitar

Out Status:
    A few people
    I never intended to insinuate that they did. Just meant to state that being open about sexuality period is difficult. Which makes being a part of a community where being open is more of the norm is awkward for me.

5. MORTAL

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ask yourself this: Am I more concerned about what others perceive of me identifying with the LGBT community or am I more concerned with finding a sense of belonging in the LGBT community?