1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Duggar interview

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by dano218, Jun 3, 2015.

1. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well i saw it and that was the most stupid piece of shit I seen in my life. It was all about them and how it affected them and how it makes them feel. Not about stereotypes, perceptions and hypocritical statements that they made themselves it was all about them.

2. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh, I'm sure it's all good, and you know it happened a long time ago, and oh we're not sure it happened, and kids just make mistakes like accidentally molesting people, on purpose 'cuz dammit I want to, and I want sex now, regardless of if other people want it, and like, all these people concerned about rape nowdays just want to ruin men's lives out of revenge for how they were treated in school.

Did I cover everything?

---------- Post added 3rd Jun 2015 at 11:49 PM ----------

Oh, shit no I didn't cover everything. The other one is like, uh, de herp: "We need more due process on social media."

3. floridagal1

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    They are morons who failed to protect their children and then failed to get them treatment. And they have the nerve to judge lgbt folks!

4. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, this is pretty sick. It might have been a little different if he were 9 or 10, but 14? I knew who I was as a person and I knew right from wrong completely when I was 14. He knew better... And he should be frowned upon. But they're going to protect their son and brainwash their daughters into believing what he did was an "accident".

5. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

All of you are just hating on that Duggar swag. Geez, can't you leave them alone?

It's not like they hur-- leave 'em alone, damn it!

6. starlights

Out Status:
    A few people
    I like the part about how the media victimized their daughters. Molesting their daughters doesn't count victimizing them, but writing about the molestation is this terrible crime, amirite?

Especially when Josh Duggar was a director at some conservative group that actively works to limit LGBTQ rights. So we're these terrible, immoral people who are condemned to hellfire, but Mini Michael Jackson is righteous because he went to a Christian camp and built houses to atone for molesting 5-year-olds. Okay.

Also, the way Michelle Duggar looks adorirngly at her husband makes me sick to my stomach. Gross.

7. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hope Child Protective Services or whatever it's called in Arkansas is investigating these people. They're like a cult, and if they mishandled their oldest sexually abusing his sisters this badly back then, what if it was happening again today?

8. BluhImCourtney

Allegedly, that's ignorant. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Was it ever proved though? Can't remember. And what about Bill Cosby

Sorry for the change if topic, I was just wondering. ._.

9. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

This whole thing has pissed me off from day one. When I was 14, I had a 9-year old sister and a 5-year old brother. I was also horny and curious, but I never once thought to touch them in their sleep. Even if I did, I knew it was wrong from what I was taught and what my instincts told me.

I'm tired of the 'He's just a child' bullshit. 14 year olds are not children; they may be minors, but they have entered puberty and are not on the same league at pre-pubescent children. They also know right from wrong. Two 5 year olds touching each other's genitals would be a harmless case of exploration, not a teenager grabbing 5-year olds, wtf??

10. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The pieces of the story -- and their reaction -- that were most appalling to me :

-- they've admitted that Josh molested *five* people a total of *eight or nine* times (that he copped to, anyway) They completely brushed it off the first time, and only took action after he'd done it several more times.

-- They deliberately withheld the information from reporting to the police for 16 months (conveniently while Jim-Bob was running for public office)

-- When they did report to the one officer who was their friend (the one who's now a convicted pedophile), he recently said from behind bars that he was only told of one incident, which is why he didn't do a formal report

-- They keep saying that "no harm came to the girls and they didn't even know" which... is really unlikely

-- "It wasn't like rape or anything"

-- The church elders they told are, under Arkansas law, mandatory reporters. That they did not report makes them guilty of a felony. Conveniently, the statute of limitations has run out on the elders being prosecuted.

A great quote from the Daily Beast article:

"Whether or not Michelle and Jim-Bob Duggar are hypocrites, I suppose, is still a matter of debate. Whether they are despicable asshats, however, most certainly is not."

11. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    They had no mercy or empathy for others. It was all about them. I feel bad for the victims and as much as I love to call out hypocrisy and unhealthy family values i feel bad that the victims have to relive this all over again. We can blame all want and rightfully so but at the end of the day we need to think about them. This is not your normal christian family this is a more like a cult and the only world view these people have is very limited and very self centered.

12. kaotyc

Did anyone else read when Kelly called the mom out for her statement about "transsexuals should not be allowed to use women's bathrooms or locker rooms because it's common sense to stop pedophiles"?

I loved how Kelly called her out on it. But am I the only one that finds that sexist, transphobic AND stupid all at once? I mean, it makes no sense. She actually called transsexuals pedophiles. Does she even know what a pedophile is?

13. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    They have no sense of reality but I do think Kelly could of pushed a little harder on them. They really don't show strong emotions or empathy for people who disagree with them. That is what makes them so fake and blind to the realities people face. The whole interview reeked of self righteous people But I think it will be sadder to hear the victim's point of view. That will make me cringe.

14. kaotyc

This just sums up their stupidity.

15. bicomplicated

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I haven't really read much about this other than what has beem popping up on my newsfeed. Yes, he is a child molester and that is horrible. :frowning2: Yes, it is horrible that the victims were not given proper counceling. :frowning2: I never liked this family, really. The whole "We don't believe in birth control. We will have as many kids as God wants us to have." Well I think if God told me not to use birth control, he would also tell me I have the right to refuse sex also though... just saying! But back on topic. I do totally blame Josh. Buuuttt I blame his parents even more. Shelter your kids and cut them off from the world, tell them that sex is bad unless your are married, Buuuttt don't explain sex at all and don't talk about hormones and how to deal with them and don't talk about masturbation and see what happens. Kids need these talks before teen years. And the first incident that was caught, Josh should have been reported to the proper authorities. The fact that it is being brushed off is crazy. But I do blame Josh but like I said I blame his parents even more and they seem to not even care. And I feel for the victims. And I am also sad that the victims names have been released in this scandal though. That should not happen. The victims are still not being protected. :frowning2:

16. kaotyc

Also, can I point out the fact that, even if he was a minor, it is considered rape in the US if a minor is four years younger than the other EVEN WITH the other's consent.

If a 17-year-old had consensual sex with a 13-year-old, it is still considered statutary rape. Same thing with molestation. It is still considered pedophilia even if the kid is a minor.

And I notice they only talk about the daughters. What about the babysitter and the "other unnamed victims"?

@bicomplicated the two sisters came forward publically themselves. They were not coerced to come forward or leaked out. They CHOSe to come forward

#16 kaotyc, Jun 4, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
  17. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Exactly. As wrong and sad as it is thought the isolation from society probably caused Josh to act out in sexually inappropriate ways and in a way he is a victim himself. Hell this family is a cult. I want Michelle's lesbian sister to speak out on this but i doubt she will. Did they worry about Michelle's sister molesting their children. I wonder.

18. kaotyc

She admits to being molested but then says her brother is not a pedophile or a molester. The family is like a cult....it's a shame. They brainwashed these women into thinking what he did was wrong but technically okay.

19. bicomplicated

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ahhh ok. Well apparently I got some misinformation there. Like I said, I really have't read up on it much or watched the interview. Thanks for the correction! :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 4th Jun 2015 at 10:38 AM ----------

And yes they are brainwashed, a cult, hypocrites... it's all sad really.

20. kaotyc

Yeah, it was weird. They were doing their own interview then suddenly they started crying and admitted that they were two of the victims. But that they don't think their brother is a molester or pedophile.