1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Subtle imitation

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by OfTheKokiri, Jun 4, 2015.

1. OfTheKokiri

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So I had an awkward moment where this attractive guy entered where I work and as I was glancing at him (ahem) I noticed that I was imitating his stance.

By which a mean leaning on one hand on the counter with the other in the pocket, while slouching slightly. I snapped out of it, and hurriedly checked to make sure no one noticed. Luckily no one did (I think).

I have had this happen to me before where if someone I admire (It could be someone I respect not necessarily attracted to) and I catch myself copying their movements or hand positions.

Its really weird.

Has anyone else experienced this as well?

2. CyanChachki

Yes I have and I've subconsciously used their catchphrases and imitated their movements.. but in reality, I think that it's like laughter or just conversation in general. We do it to bond with the people we like. Maybe our mind thinks that if we where more in sync with them, that they'd connect with us on that level.

3. Spacetime

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think that's uncommon. I often find myself copying other's actions (to a degree) and manner of speaking because I'm uncomfortable in social situations.