1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sleep problem

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Gandee, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Gandee

Gandee Guest

This is frustrating and I need help. I've been having sleep problem for 2 weeks. At first I thought it was just jet lag because I had to flew through 4 time zones from west to east. But this has been going on for too long. I try to stay somewhat active during the day and I usually feel quite sleepy at around 10-11 pm but I'm awoke again at 2-3 am. I don't get sleepy during the day but I can't resist a 2 hour nap at noon and wake up with a headache. Then there the air conditioner, it's always very cold! I set it at 30 degree, lowest speed fan, and economic mode and it's still cold. But without it, everything will get too hot. Also, when I double the intake of my meds, I gain 2 extra hours of sleep and still feel like crap. Once, I stayed up till 3 am and by 7 I was awake! Some people here think sleep is a waste of time but I want to sleep in till 11! :frowning2:
    And it's not like I'm under stress or anything.

2. Sienrar

I've been having some sleep issues too. Luckily I've been able to get it back on the track a little bit, smooth sailing from here. Just in time for summer break!

3. Hiems

Try using melatonin or Benadryl, which can be purchased over the counter at any drug store.

If neither works, then go to your doctor to perhaps try a prescription drug. Some of these have the sedative effect that you're looking for, e.g. trazodone, eszopiclone, zolpidem.