1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guys: Shaving your legs and other body parts

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by The Wallflower, Jun 4, 2015.

1. The Wallflower

Oooookay... I don't know if the fact I'm even writing this means I'm really high cause of my medication or just too bored, but I would like to know how many of guys shave your legs, armpits or even 'down below'.

Lately I've been shaving my legs and armpits because body hair makes me uncomfortable... plus, I look horrible with too much hair.

Mom is constantly on my back about it. She says she doesn't like it because men ''weren't meant to shave.''

I usually just ignore her.

However, when I think about it, it just seems like so much work! Lately I've just thought: "Ugh. Here we go again." because it just grows back so quickly and in such a large amount...

I guess I just wanna see how many of you boys shave, to decide whether or not I'll spend the rest of my life shaving my damn legs every 4 or 5 days.

#1 The Wallflower, Jun 4, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
  2. Taly

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't shave

But then again, other than the weasel that sits on top of my head, I don't have a lot of hair in other places. .____.

3. The Wallflower

I do, unfortunately...

These damn genetics, man.

4. Taly

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Damn you Genetics!

I actually find body hair and mostly manly stuff to be sexy so yeah. ;P

I'm not sexy tho. X_X

5. Jonathan

I pretty much shave everything (legs, pits, etc) and trim "down below". I personally prefer having smooth skin to having body hair :lol:

6. Gen

Gen

Have you considered trimming it lower instead of shaving it? When you shave completely, then you have to deal with stubble. If you trim the hair, then you only have to tend to it whenever it gets too wild again, which will likely only be 2-3 times a month.

As my suggestion suggests, I do not shave, but I trim certain areas. I am not all that hairy to begin with.

~~~​

Don't listen to your mother or any of the similar responses that are bound to arise in this thread. You are the one who is forced to live inside of that body. Never feel ashamed or apologetic about making harmless little changes to your body. We don't bat an eye at men who paint themselves in tattoos or put on unnecessary amounts of muscle. People don't care when others change their bodies as long as they change them in ways that fit into their traditional molds and ideas. If you believe that you look better with less hair, then you look better with less hair. Period. Fuck their opinion.

7. blackhatguy

I don't like shaving much. Shave part of my face once a week, trim the chin hair sometimes.

I tried shaving down there a few times, with regular and electric razors. It ended in blood and pain and I vowed never again.

Maybe I'll see if I can apply for the whole Samson thing, that'd be ok.

8. The Wallflower

Thanks, Gen!

I actually may consider trimming it. However, I come from a very hairy family... so I don't know how that's gonna work out. Maybe I'll try it for a while and then see what results I get.

Another thing I hate about shaving: The itch! Ugh! I smother baby oil all over my legs, but it's too hard to resist the scratch! Don't even get me started on 'down there.' It's is like living in hell, especially in public.

I've been considering getting one of those 'No-no!' things... apparently it works like a dream and you don't get any itch whatsoever.

9. xylaz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I just trim "down below", my chest and stomach. I'm moderately hairy. I kinda like my hair. Makes me look manlier which I love. I just hate how unkempt my facial hair gets.

10. Christiaan

Christiaan Guest

I fluctuate. When I am dating actively and I'm really wanting to go for bisexual or bi-curious men who are really massively built and look like hairy Viking gods, I like playing the ultra-feminine role. I shave or wax every single nanometer of my entire body, and I enjoy it. Oh, it's fun!

Right now, I'm not. I'm acclimating a couple of new kittens and take out all of my femmy impulses on mothering them, and the only guy that I might see, anytime soon, is younger and not really the type that I want to girly myself up for. We probably wouldn't even do anything besides play his damn first-person shooter games, which is fine. For him, I am fine with just being a guy.

It always just depends on what role I am wanting to play. It depends on what the fantasy that I have in my mind looks like. Hair grows back. That's the wonderful thing about it.

She's only jealous because you get to choose whether or not you get to grow out a soft, furry bear-pelt on you, and she doesn't.

11. armydude

armydude Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Gotta manscape down below, but other than that fuck it. Who cares

12. Justinian20

Well Wallflower my mother is like yours in that she thinks men don't shave their legs and arms. But I rarely listen to her anyway. I trim my legs and arms and all that stuff down there. I hate shaving every day cause it's almost like a chore.

13. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I shave just about every day. I just have to block out an hour to do that.

14. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If that's what you want to do, it's up to you. It sounds like your hairiness is above average. Trimming it back radically will cause stubble, as was mentioned. I would think that would be uncomfortable.

I wish I was a little hairier, so I am not a candidate for shaving my body hair. I only shave my face and trim down below about once every 3 to 4 weeks while showering. I try to remove most of it and flush it down the toilet, next to the tub, rather than have it go into the drain.

15. penta

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i shave my body very often and my arms daily, but well i'm trans and very dysphoric about body hair..
    Down below i trim it very short because when i shave it there it gets irritated a lot..
    I really think body hair is gross.. it makes you more sweaty and i feel like a monkey..

16. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I fluctuate too. I have never really shaved my armpit hair, but I have trimmed it before slightly. I've trimmed my arm hair a few times.

If I want to feel like my body hair looks good, I typically shave my ass, trim my leg hair short (leg hair doesn't bother me but the contrast is too much...), and shave my chest (I don't have much hair, but over the past few years it's slowly been growing in...). Right now, I'm mostly all natural because I don't really give a crap while in school. Nobody really sees it, and it takes a lot of time and effort for no reward (nobody sees it).

I'll leave my crotch maintanence out of this reply.

Around your age I used to really hate my leg hair. I thought it was way too hairy. Now, even untrimmed, I don't think I'm much hairier than anyone else really. It's possible you're not as hairy as you think, at least relative to others. I think as you get older your body matures and it looks more normal. If you start growing in a lot of hair early it might feel odd.

17. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    With the exception of my arms and the one time I shaved my legs, I shave everything. I usually have to shave my face every three days or so because I hate stubble and I look better clean shaven, and I usually shave my armpits and down there (which are the only two other places I feel need it) about once every week or two. Whenever I have to do all three in one session, it usually only takes around 45 minutes.

When it comes to itching and stuff I feel that using some sort of non scented hypoallergenic lotion works the best, and then instead of drying off the shaven areas how you usually do, I feel that patting dry also helps reduce irritating itches.

But yeah, definitely don't feel self-conscious for shaving or cave into your mother because "manly men don't shave" or whatever, as many people (including stereotypically manly men) actually do it, and whatever makes you feel more positively about your body is great. :slight_smile:

18. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The only part of me that I shave is my face. Used to shave down there but couldn't stand the itch, so I just let it go.

I once tried to shave my chest but only got it done halfway because I ran out of razors.

19. Rainbows~Exist

On a whim my friend and I thought it'd be funny to shave my legs. Turns out I loved the outcome and now I do so :grin: It's just sooooooo comfortable! I'm going to start waxing soon thought as I tend to accidentally cut myself :s

20. The Wallflower

Oh, how you made me laugh, Dr! :lol:

I understand your pain. Once I get my own apartment and become independent and whatnot, I'm going to start waxing. I remember one time I was shaving just fine, then my sister banged on the door and started yelling, so I jumped and cut quite a large portion of my leg. It was horrible. Razor cuts are like paper cuts!

I love all your responses!

Question for you guys: When shaving your legs, how high up do you shave them? Do you shave up to the knee or do you go a bit higher?

#20 The Wallflower, Jun 5, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2015