1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Awkward Situations

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Eye Shine, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Eye Shine

Do you ever get those awkward situation where you are like "Well what do I do?"

Like today I went to my community jacuzzi and there was this group and this other kid that was also alone. I had no idea what to do since my my phone died and I couldn't listen to music. So I said to him "How is it going" and he replied with seeming with like "uhhh fine." So it was just to awkward and I had no idea what to say or do next since he seemed freaked out already. So I just didn't talk and left shortly after. Also talking to a group to which they are already having like an insider conversation seemed far more awkward.

Has anyone had a similar awkward situation? Has anyone had a wore awkward situation? What types of situations make you feel awkward?

2. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Those situations make me feel very awkward!
    Also, generally, I'm not the most social person and may stutter if I'm taken by surprise. My thoughts go crazy when talking to people.
    "Wait, that was stupid. That was very straightforward. Does he think I like him? I'm not a creep! I didn't mean to say it like that, screw the English language!"
    I overthink things too much and feel awkward almost always

3. Lazuri

Personally I find that to be a very endearing and adorable trait.

4. TigerInATophat

Out Status:
    Some people
    These situations have always been awkward:

[YOUTUBE]hb0ef6NhY74[/YOUTUBE]

5. ApexxShadow

All the time xD

6. xylaz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Always having them. I get tip of the tongue moments where I have this nice thought in my head but the words come out badly. I don't like my voice and I consciously hear myself speak so I get even more ackward. It's probably because English isn't my first language and I have quite an accent.
    Usually when people have a convo and I'm there off to the side like a 3rd wheel makes me very self-concious. I'm afraid of saying something stupid.
    Also I'm a bit deaf I think. Or I have very bad attention problems. People have highlighted these possibilities.
    Ackwardness is cute in both sexes. It's cuter on a guy for me because usually guys are expected to be confident so when they aren't I relate a lott more to them. Nerdiness is sexy no matter the person:icon_redf

7. MrSecret

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    One time I was in someplace busy, Walmart or maybe even a fair? Anyway, I was just wandering by myself when I saw a little girl standing alone crying. As I walked by we locked eyes for like, two seconds and in my mind I thought "This little girl is all alone, calling for her mom, I should stay and try and help her" but I awkwardly walked past, and she went back to crying. Ugh, just typing this makes me feel guilty, I should have followed my gut and stayed with her. No one else around looked remotely close to helping her. She was probably terrified :/

8. atoadaso

atoadaso Guest

I don't remember what it's like to not feel embarrassed. Thanks, social anxiety.

9. Lyze of kiel

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel awkward whenever I talk too anyone other then my girlfriend.

10. Pierrot

Pierrot Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm not familiar with a lot of terms and often get them confused. This causes a lot of awkward situations.

I was once with some classmates and asked them if I could see their strap-ons. I was referring to the shoes that have velcro straps as that's what i'd always called them. They all laughed and thought I was joking around, but when they realised I wasn't they became really quite. One of them told me what strap-ons where and then they all just awkwardly stared at eachother when I still didn't understand them.

this is constantly happening to me and is awkward every time

11. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Introduce yourself! I had a friend in high school that seemed to revel in talking to shy people. I recognized too late that they don't hate you lol. They need you to make the first move in being friends and are sometimes thankful for it. I'm still generally the quiet aloof person whom appreciates being left alone so I do the same for others. But if need be I would love to know I brightened someone's day by opening up and letting them in. :slight_smile:

12. AwesomeSocks

AwesomeSocks Guest

When I'm somewhere and talking then realize I'm the only one talking.

13. RedThaFury

RedThaFury Guest

Feeling awkward right now, as I've been staring at the Welcome Lounge, thinking of a way to introduce myself. Oh, hi!