1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

drifting

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ppreston9, Dec 5, 2008.

1. ppreston9

ppreston9 Guest

Does anyone on EC drift with their car. I think its so fun and i was just doing it tonight lol.

and for anyone who doesnt know what that means, its sliding on the road with your car, generally on ice or wet roads.

2. otc877

otc877 Guest

The turn coming into the main street towards my house always has water in the gutter, so i feel obligated to burnout around the corner.

In short, yes.

3. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No there's no ice or snow where I live. Plus I'm too cautious of a driver to try something like that. Lol.

4. Helen

Helen Guest

You'd have to be insane to try that in Dubai, drivers here are frighteningly bad.:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. tomahto72

tomahto72 Guest

Yeah I've done it on a professional driving course...it was soo much fun and the instructor said, rather jokingly i might add, "Don't try this at home"! But I have never had so much fin in a car but can't bring myself to do it in the street too much risk.

6. Trumpetplyer23

I don't have a car, so I can't do it. But I know people who do.

However, the reason I wouldn't is because I have a friend who nearly died because her car slipped on ice when she was driving with her brother and a friend. She nearly died, her brother was seriously injured and also nearly died, and the other kid got a concussion. They were all lucky enough (especially the brother) to get out alive. They weren't drifting or anything. They were driving down the road, doing the speed limit, and slipped on black ice into a pole. The car was cut in half and the passenger seat (where the brother was sitting) was completely obliterated. They nearly died and they weren't even trying.

So, that's why I would never drift.

7. starfish

Yes I have to admit I do this. There are a couple of roads around here that are one way and low traffic. I won't do it unless I have a clear view of the road in front and behind me.

I don't do it in adverse weather conditions. Only when the road is dry. My car is rear drive and has a manual transmission so it is not that hard to kick rear end out.

8. SAGUY84

SAGUY84 Guest

Some of the best (craziest) driving comes from saudi. A quick youtube search would have your jaw on the ground.

I have RWD and manual too, aswell as being a V8. So fun.

I can drift, but i don't do it often. I prefer burnouts. like so \/
    [​IMG]

9. RaRa

When i let my friends drive my car they do it, but I still haven't learned how too.

It's easy to watch but hard to pull off.