1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you prefer cats or dogs?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by LaEsmeralda, Jun 5, 2015.

1. LaEsmeralda

I have both cats and dogs in my house and though I love my dogs more, I think I'm at heart a cat person.

My dogs need far more attention and love, and they give more in return, so in a way I have quite a maternal affection for them. But I respect cats for not giving a shit about their owners and not allowing themselves to be told what to do.

Which do you prefer? Do you have cats or dogs? Do you have a better relationship with one or the other?

2. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Cats forever. I don't care much for dogs because they are incompatible with my personality.

However, I tend to prefer pet reptiles and fish more than either overall.

3. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Dogs.

Cats are too boring.

4. LaEsmeralda

Sometimes boring is good though. Like when you're home from a long day of work and you just want to sit down and relax, but you can't because some crazy barking loon is throwing a slobbery ball onto your lap and expects you to throw it for him for the next 2 hours :dry:

Like I said, I love my dogs, but they can be hard work. Especially jack russells, they seem to have an endless supply of energy.

5. LesbianThrasher

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I much prefer dogs. In my opinion, I don't think cats express as much love and loyalty to their owners like dogs do. Not saying that cats are incapable of that but I see those traits more in dogs.

6. CyanChachki

As much as I like dogs, I have to say cats. I love being around dogs, petting and kissing them but taking care of them is a completely different level. My sister just got a new pup that I've baby sat twice and the task was very difficult. I've also realized how needy dogs are. Unlike cats, dogs need 'round the clock attention and I'm not the one to do that..at least not right now.

Cats on the other hand do need attention but are also comfortable being by themselves and being independent. Training them is not that hard and they do not require daily walks and 'round the clock play time, which I like.

7. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I love both. My dog always comforts me when I don't feel good, and definitely knows how to cheer me up just by being her happy self, and my cats can purr and cuddle with me.

8. ms24601

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I think cats are cute and I don't mind them when I go to someone's house and they have one, but I never had them, I grew up around dogs and I prefer them. It is true that they demand a lot of attention, but in my opinion it is little compared to what they give back in terms of affection and companionship, I miss mine so much, the house feels empty without them. :icon_sad:

9. essie

As soon as I get home from school my cat comes meowing to say hi. Then I usually pick her up and she purrs and kisses me. And whenever I'm upset she comes to comfort me and she follows me everywhere I go when I walk around the house. She also brings me toys that I have to throw so that she can catch them. It's not that she doesn't have moments when she scratches the hell out of me, but she's so lovely and affectionate that it's definitely worth it. The cat I had before was slightly less affectionate but never scratched me once. So yeah, I love dogs but I'm more of a cat person.

10. Steele

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Cats. Dogs are too high-maintenance for me, and I find cats to be a lot cuter than dogs.

11. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Although I wouldn't mind a (small) dog, I'd still prefer cats. Would have a hard time with getting up in the middle of the night or late at night to take a dog for a walk.

12. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
  13. kyfry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Dogs.
    Cats are assholes.
    There's only room for one asshole in my house, and that's me.

14. waitwhat

waitwhat Guest

I definitely prefer dogs. We have two, and I plan on having only dogs when I move out. Cats and me don't really get along, and I'm afraid of them.

15. Psaurus918

Dog, dog, DOG!!

16. Acm

Acm Guest

I like cats more. They're more low maintenance, you don't have to clean up their poop (usually), and I think they're funny. My cats are very sweet and cuddly too.

17. Thedistra

Dogs, I find them more enjoyable all around. I can take them almost everywhere, they can be taught pretty much anything with the right training and patience and they don't scratch the piss out of you when you upset them. They won't even bite if you got a well balanced dog.

I do enjoy cats but just the fact you can't teach them much of anything is a big down factor for me. Also the fact I can't take them out to the lake and such.

I bonded better with my dogs than my cats. My cats have been more aloof or private about their affection. Like my oldest cat will only show me affection when she's alone with me, then she's suddenly lovable.

18. Envy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I like cats more. I love both, I just think cats are cuter, I only own a dog right now though, she's a sweety.

19. dwelefan

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Even though I love dogs, I would have to say I prefer cats. Cats are more low maintenance, except for having to change the litter box which is the part that sucks about owning cats.

20. Tamanofu

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    i have a cat and a dog~

My dog always cheers me up and he's very cute but my cat is such a big jerk to everyone that it also cheers me up haha.