1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out while drinking

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Eiji, Jun 5, 2015.

1. Eiji

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I was wondering, did any of you come out to someone while you had been drinking? And how did you feel about it the day after?

I can start with myself. I was at a party when I was 19, and I had of course been drinking. We had been talking about something about hot guys or something, and I didn't really say anything. Then out of the blue I just asked one of my friend to come with me, so we went down to the hallway where we would be out of earshot, and I just straight out said it "I'm gay" It went well, even if it wasn't exactly how I had first wanted to tell someone. We went outside for a walk, and just talked, while the other people at the party got mad because we just walked out not saying anything. The same night I also came out to another girl which I had only met one time prior to this party. I'll admit I was a lot more drunk at this point, I don't regret it though as we are very close friends today.

2. armydude

armydude Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    No although I'm always paranoid about this. Even when I've gottwn blackout drunk, I seem to be so guarding of my sexuality that there's no way it's coming out.

3. Purp

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I came out to about half the people while drinking. Then again, its college. When am I not drinking?

Purp derives from the drink that turned my life around 180 degrees. (Grape vodka, lol :slight_smile:)

4. SiennaFire

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I came out to myself while consuming wine

in vino veritas

5. Beebop

Beebop Guest

Yes, I've done this and I didn't regret it.

Yep. Pretty much.

6. awdru15

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yes came out to my mum pissed out of my head and didnt remember it. next day me and mum had a chat reminded me of what I said to her then she said I said I was queer exact word I used couldn't believed I used that word . but I told mum It was true .

7. Camel

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sort of like that. I don't recall exactly what I said to my mum, but I was blind drunk - it was evening and I had been drinking all day long. I remember being in floods of tears. Maybe not the best way to go about things, but I would never have done it sober, and so I guess in the long run it was all to the good.

8. Lyana

Hm... I'd been drinking the first time I came out, but I wasn't drunk. I felt giddy right after saying it, and for a couple days afterward, actually.

9. LiquidSwords

It's the only way to do it haha, at first at least. Came out to my dad when I was wasted even which probably wasn't the best way but still, if that's what it takes then why not