1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So... How good were your "firsts"?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lyana, Jun 6, 2015.

1. Lyana

I'm curious.

There are several recurring threads that ask "When did you have your first kiss?" or something similar. Some people wonder whether it's "normal" not to have had certain firsts at their age.

I usually look at the title and think, Meh. Most of my "firsts" have been average and anticlimactic. Not unpleasant, just not mind-blowing, either. Forgettable, pretty much. The good stuff came later.

So I have a few questions for you all, I'm curious as to what you think:

• How good was your first... crush/time you fell in love/kiss/time you had sex/date (first date ever, or first date with your current SO)/relationship? Were they anything like what you expected?
    • Any "firsts" you regret? Why? -- Any "firsts" you're still really looking forward to?

2. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm thirteen, but I have firsts
    Crush- this was when I was nine, but the longest infatuation I had was with this person. I liked him for three whole years, he moved away, and eventually got over it. He was adorable. It was pretty average and anticlimactic

Fallen in love- my girlfriend of nearly four months~ also my second crush, but the feelings became of love. This would've been great and the best experience of my life when I first fell in love, but I hated myself and was depressed for falling for a girl. I wasn't terribly homophobic, but I thought gays were weird and I never want to fall for a girl or any other gender. In the end, and now, it's been lovely

First kiss- planning on doing the "pocky game" thing that is shown in anime. But it happened differently. We were talking, she went quiet for a second and I went in for it. At first, honestly, I was repulsed. "Why am I kissing a GIRL?" But it was a lovely kiss~ now I don't feel that way at all and am happy with her.

First date, well, we're planning one and I'm looking forward to it! We are going to an amusement park together, and our parents will see us at the beginning and end of the day, it's going to be fun!

Lots of people would probably say I have too many at this age...but I don't see the harm in it, and I still have my morals about relationships and don't compromise them. And I have a pretty healthy relationship with her, so I don't see what is wrong. I think first times are special, even though they aren't how I've dreamed of them

And first sex, I dream of having that with the person I am going to commit to for the rest of my life, whatever gender they may be. But many years later.

#2 loveislove01, Jun 6, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2015
  3. C P

C P

My first...

...crush? It's happening right now and it's horrible; essentially someone toying with my feelings on/off.

Yes, I majorly regret it(even if it is beyond my control).

...kiss? Haven't had one yet.

...falling in love? Haven't fallen in love before.

...date? Haven't dated/gone on a date before.

...relationship? Haven't been in a relationship before.

...having sex? Haven't had sex before.

See (mostly) a pattern there?

4. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    First crush: in fifth grade, he was a classmate of mine. I have absolutely no attraction to him now. It was very innocent; the only thing I wanted at the time was a kiss.

First time falling in love: I don't know if it's love, but this guy has been my crush for four years, and in my short life that's a long time. I recently found out he likes me back.

First kiss: never had one, but hopefully it will be with the guy mentioned above.

First date: same as the first kiss.

First relationship/sex; same as first kiss.

I'm looking forward to all the ones mentioned and I can't really regret anything yet because I haven't done anything.

5. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

crush- Awkward. I was 12 and new to hormones. It was really weird for me since it was the first time feeling infatuation, which made me physically sick lol

time you fell in love- The definition of love is kind of too ambiguous to answer. I think I only was in love once, with a close friend who never felt the same way. I was okay with that, since love isn't selfish. I was never in love with anyone I was actually with.

kiss- Never.

time you had sex- Never.

date- Never. I actually hate the concept of dating anyway. I'm fine with it if we're officially in a relationship, but it feels weird to go out with someone to decide if I like them (which never works anyway). So I just avoid dating and choose to only be in relationships with close friends.

relationship?- An online relationship when I was 14. I was immature and it destroyed me. I had four more since then, but never one in person.

6. SkyDiver

Crush - He was straight and it was HELL. But we all gotta go through at that some point, hey?

Fell in love - That ended up being a bust as well. It was long distance and the guy couldn't handle it.

Kiss - it was.... weird. But felt really good.

Sex - again, super weird. But I wanted more, so something went right :lol:

Date - First real date was really awkward. We both just like awkwardly ate our food in silence. But that lasted about 2 months!

Relationship - I've never had a real relationship. Here's to hoping it's amazing when it happens.

7. Par

Par

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    First crush: A girl who was my best friend for 2 years and everyone thought we were a couple...I wished we were but it never happened.

Fell in love: Probably my current girlfriend, all previous relationship haven't ever felt "real".

First relationship: A bisexual girl in the year below, we broke up after exactly 2 months - we didn't get much chance to spend time together.

First kiss: Same girl - very underwhelming as neither of us were expecting the other to kiss on the lips so we sort of missed...plus her hat kind of poked me in the eye which was not ideal.

First date: Same girl - open mic night in the upstairs room of a bar near us. That was really fun, but her dad turned up at the end and was surprised to find out his daughter had a boyfriend...so that was kind of awkward.

Sex: Nope

8. LaEsmeralda

First crush : Pretty sure my first crush was the actor playing Simba in The Lion King musical which I went to see in London. Man, he was sexy. Like, insanely sexy.

First person I fell in love with : Don't know if this has really happened yet. I cared a lot about my first boyfriend but I also couldn't stick him for long periods of time. I thought I loved him because I had no prior experience. So yeah, I'm still waiting for my first love.

First kiss : Bloody awful, was like kissing a washing machine. Got slobber all over my chin.

First date : Not very good either, couldn't think of anything to talk about, just ate our meal and went home (and we were living in the same dormitories, so it was extra awkward).

First time having sex : Anti-climatic. In every sense of the word. Guy stuck it in, two seconds later he was done. Yeah, disappointing! :lol:

I haven't experienced a great deal of romance in my life as you can see.

9. Gabby29

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    First Crush I was eleven and thought the new neighbor's daughter was really pretty, I use to draw her in princess gowns. :roflmao:

First Relationship/ Love In grade 8, my first girlfriend who I fell in love with. Ah, good times.

First Kiss Same girl I dated in grade 8

First Date Same again lmfao we pretty much did hung out all the time.

First Time Not with my grade 8 love (surprise, surprise) after breaking up summer of grade 8 going on to 9, I ended losing my virginity to a girl who was going on grade 10 after confessing I had never had sex in a game of spin the bottle: truths only.

10. Spacewalker

First crush: The first one I remember started in 6th grade on a close friend.

First love: I noticed I was in love with a friend of mine after 4 years. Ofc she was straight. 5 years in total and then I noticed she was a bitch... Same I had my first crush with. She never knew or noticed.

First relationship: Long distance relationship. Never ever ever doing that again.

First kiss: Yea with my first gf. I actually don't wanna think about that...

First date: Actually never had one.

First time: Nope.

I plan on staying single for the next time. My heart is too damaged to take another one.

#10 Spacewalker, Jun 6, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2015
  11. Azrael

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    First Crush:
    I was fifteen, he rejected me when I asked him out because I was Asian and not white.

First Love:
    My first crush I'd say, those feelings were deep? But the love I feel for the current one is a lot stronger.

First Relationship/Date:
    Nein, never had any, don't think I will in college. I'm not boyfriend or relationship material, I'm more of a 'Mother Bear' material.

First Kiss:
    Horrifying, I was playing Captain von Trapp in my school's rendition for Sound of Music in Year 8 (Grade 7 for all you Americans)... They couldn't find a girl in school to memorise all of Maria's line so they hired a 40 year old lady to play Maria... Let's just say... I'm gay, I'm so gay, so so so gay after that event.

First 'sexy times':
    My body is so undesirable Stormtroopers would voluntarily miss me as to not look at me...

12. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've had crushes/fallen in love before, and that was nothing unexpected. My crushes never like me back, but that's also to be expected I suppose. :lol: Looking forward to things like dating, but I don't really know what to expect.

13. Burnedcloset

......-_-

*Leaves thread*

14. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

First crush:
    I have always had fine taste when it comes to individuals. Especially if said individual is somebody I find 'pretty and want to love', LOL.

My first crush was top notch.

First person I fell in love with:
    I can really like you, but love? Mm, that's rather difficult to get from me. I can show sympathy, understand you and offer to comfort you, but to get me to be more vulnerable around you -- that's my fault, but I'm working on it.

First kiss:
    I assume you mean non-family. Well, I've yet to kiss somebody on the lips, but I was kissed on the cheek by somebody several months ago. I was 28.

Yeah, I know. I'm a late bloomer -- lemme alone! LOL.

First date:
    Most of my "dates" were semi-forced blind dates. Every couple of months I may do it myself. There is a difference between being nice and me asking to treat you.

Being nice is offering to pay for your meal, too. Me asking to treat you is offering to pay for your meal, too, and a candy bar. LOL.

I've got my problems. Often times I can appear distant, even when I'm listening. I have a tendency to multi-task with action and thought. It's somewhat off putting, but it's tolerated because I do pay attention.

Anyone I've been on a "date" with, will say I'm easy to talk to, considerate, amusing enough, and well collected. To quote one young lady: "You're like a bodyguard and a therapist!"

I can live with that.

^.~

First time having sex:
    I can't tell you what the first time was like, but I can take a crack at what the first time will be like.

Them-First Policy. My partner gets off at least twice, and then we can think about me.

Even if my technique is terrible, my strategy will be craved. Nobody will be able to say I didn't make 'em smile~! I will spoil dat body, LOL.

15. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

First crush: I'm not sure I've ever really had a real crush. I had a "boyfriend" in sixth grade and had a little sixth grade crush on him. I've had some maybe crushes but I'm not sure which ones were real and which were just "liking the fact that they like me"

First kiss: Sucked. It was a guy I went out with because I felt bad saying no and also I was confused why up until that point I'd turned down a bunch of guys. The setting and everything was perfect for a first kiss, only I didn't want to kiss him because I felt really bad for not breaking up with him yet and pretending to like him. So it was just kind of a meh kiss in general.

Honestly though, I don't regret that first kiss because it's good to have those experiences so I can learn not to do that again:slight_smile:
    I'm still looking forward to maybe kissing a girl someday?:wink:
    And more than that falling in love with someone. We'll see!

16. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Geez, I'm embarrassed to answer these, cause for all of them, I was 13-14...I'll have to see what others post, before going into details. I was an 'early bloomer'. Maybe that's what happens when you grow up surrounded by vast forests, with no religion to hold you back? It is hard to say, but I had fun exploring the things I did, and now have a mate I'm married to, so I have no regrets...the only one being that I didn't approach boys sooner, in school; my first experience was with a girl my same age. At points things were awkward, but it felt wonderful, even if it may not have been ideal at times...

17. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hehe,
    I'm an early bloomer as well.
    13 years old and done almost every thing on the firsts list minus sex

18. atoadaso

atoadaso Guest

I dunno how qualified I am to answer this, since I don't have anything to compare it to, but I feel like answering.

Crush - Technically my first crush ever was on Sarah Michelle Gellar when I was 8. But my first crush on a person I knew was 2 years later on my then best friend. It was weird, because I thought he was gonna move away, so I wanted to tell him I really liked him. (Actually, I wanted to say I loved him, but that's a bit heavy for a 5th grader.) It went away after about 2 months & I never said anything.

Love - Falling in love was really...cool. It was kinda fascinating. I was 16 & I'd had at least 3 crushes by that time that gave me somewhat lovey feelings, but it was different to actually fall in love. It wasn't scary because I knew she was already in love with me & just waiting on me to catch up.

Sex - Ehhhh. It was a lot more fun giving. It wasn't terrible, it just was. I enjoyed myself but it wasn't fantastic.

Date - I have yet to have a date!

Relationship - It was a really loving & healthy relationship. We both respected & cared a lot for each other. I didn't go in with any expectations.

Regrets - My first kiss, kinda. I rushed it. I was so excited to get kissed that it wasn't as romantic or sweet as she'd planned it to be. She was waiting for the right moment, but I was waiting for any moment because I was so eager. It wasn't a bad experience, I just wish I could redo it.

Looking forward to - A lot! I wanna have my first date, & a whole new round of firsts with someone new. I'm looking forward to anything I haven't done yet.

19. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yup. Exactly!

20. ms24601

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Crush: I was about 11 and he was a friend from school, at first it was ok but when he found out I liked him things got weird and we pretty much stopped talking to each other (mostly his decision, not mine).

Falling in love: I don't think I've actually fallen in love, I thought I was in love with my first crush, but looking back I think it was just a crush after all.

Date/Kiss: I went out to see a movie with this guy and even before the movie started, after talking to him for a few minutes I realized we had nothing in common and wanted to leave but I didn't because I didn't want to be rude. I thought nothing else would happen but then he kissed me out of nowhere, I didn't really wanna kiss him but because he caught me by surprise I let it happen and it was awful and painful.

Sex: Never done it.

Relationship: Never had one.

I definitely look forward to having all these experiences with a woman, not just the kissing and sex, but the relationship as a whole.