1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Relationship with my Professor...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by 2Scoopzz, Jun 6, 2015.

1. 2Scoopzz

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Long story so bear with me...I'm 22 and in nursing school (grad in 2 months!!) and my professor is 46 I think and super cute with a very playful and fun personality. I have a crush on her and I'm sure she knows because it's quite obvious but anyway we have a good friendly relationship but sometimes I wonder if she may be attracted to me. She tells me about her personal issues, she tells me she only trusts me out of all the other students (ok maybe she trusts 2 others) but it's different with me. She also told me she feels "safe" when I'm around??? I catch her looking at me sometimes especially when I'm walking away and I always catch her looking me up and down with a smile or I'll turn and look back and she's always looking at me smiling. One time she gave me that look where she's fiddling with her fingers and looking down then slowly raises her eyes to look at me and smiles(Soo hot!!)...probably a shitty description but I hope you get it...she also mirrors my movements when sitting close to one another. I told her I was gay and she says she loves gay ppl and thinks we're born this way. She always respond when I text her as compared to other students. The catch is she has a bf and she told me he loves her but she never said she loved him back but that's what's keeping from making a move. She's been married 3 times but all those guys were assholes so maybe she just like the attention I give her...Idk?? Help me out folks??!!

2. Simple Thoughts

Professor/student relationship = terrible idea.

Overly complicated, tons of potential for disaster, and to top it all off it puts her entire career at risk so in essence you have to ask yourself "Despite every other problem, even if it were possible would you be okay with someone you love risking everything in their life to be with you when you couldn't even guarantee it'd last?"

Edit - Somehow missed the 'Grad' part at the beginning.

Eh...Give it two months and see how things go. I wouldn't interfere with her personal life because that's kinda douchey if ya ask me, but if things don't work with her Bf or if something happens that requires you to step in maybe see how it all plays out.

#2 Simple Thoughts, Jun 6, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2015
  3. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    'nuff said.

But I'll say more, because I can't help myself.

It's not a great idea for *anyone*, for lots and lots of reasons. But for *her* (the professor) it's absolutely *in-fucking-sane*!! She would be 100% in the vulnerable position, ultimately. The student would be "technically vulnerable", because the prof can have the power to assign grades, etc. ...but all the student would have to do is expose the relationship *whether or not a grade was unfairly assigned* and there would be some serious shit going down that would almost certainly result in the professor losing her job, and quite possibly even the grade not being counted.

If a professor would be so weak or so stupid as to put herself in that position, then no student should *want* a *real* relationship with her! Sure, an unscrupulous student could go into the relationship for a few hot fantasies, and then either break off, or indulge in the above scenario. But to seek a real relationship? No, no, no, no, no.

Enjoy crushing. If you feel affection back, enjoy taking that in too. Hey, if you're *really* interested and think it's possible or even meant to be, then after you graduate, there'll *plenty* of time for that kind of relationship. But now is the time for both of you to keep your feelings in check.

4. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I concur. My brother is currently married to one of his professors, but that's after he finished his degree and the power dynamic no longer existed...

5. Miles16

Miles16 Guest

Wait the mere two months and then ask this question again without the automatic "No" factor of the professor-student relationship.

6. 2Scoopzz

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't think she's gay or bi anyway. The more I thought about it the more I realized how straight she is and how desperate or wishful I am. She's just a very friendly person that's all.