1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I can't figure out whether this guy I like is gay or not

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hyosco, Jun 7, 2015.

1. hyosco

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Im gay and I don't know if this boy in my class is gay. I've had a few crushes on obviously straight guys and tried to construe every action of theirs as potentially gay, but I think this one might be different. For starters, he doesn't act very stereotypically gay, or straight for that matter, but his voice is on the delicate side (not like that's much of a sign), he expresses a lot of interest when we talk, and looks at me in the eye, paying more attention to me than any other guy I speak with. Most of his friends are girls and that's all he seems to hang out with. A big sign to me is that, he recently followed me on instagram and liked every post I have made since.

Im closeted (looking to get out), so I cannot ask him. I just want to hear your thoughts, so I can decide whether or not I should just move on from him.

Thanks for Reading

2. MagicPotato

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I was in this kind of situation. But you have to ask yourself, what would you do if you knew for sure that he was gay? You said that you were in the closet, which means that if you wanted to date him you would pretty much have to come out of the closet to do so. And from what I've heard, trying to have a secret relationship doesn't always end well. I would suggest waiting till you were comfortable and out of the closet before searching for boyfriends.