1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How would you feel on a blind date?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Gabby29, Jun 8, 2015.

1. Gabby29

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I would more likely be surprised in a mostly bad way. Just the thought of being set up into a date would throw me off balance, but then again not all surprises are bad if you can make the best of it.

2. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I wouldn't like it. Too awkward.

3. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

75% of my going-outs were technically blind dates, so, they're fine. So long as the folks setting you up, have some clue about you.

Finding a common interest or sharing a common experience, are key. The sooner you can begin building off of something, the better you'll be in terms of comfort.

4. Steam Mecha

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'd be fine with it.

5. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think I'd actually quite enjoy it. After all, the other person would feel just as awkward and embarrassed as me- so it might actually break the ice!

6. guitar

I've gone on 2 dates completely blind. Both actually were a decent time, though neither resulted in a second date.

7. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

I don't really like to go on dates with people if I don't know them really well and like them first, so going on a date with someone I've never met before would make me mega uncomfortable. Plus I'm really awkward when I first meet people so that wouldn't help matters.

8. Foz

Foz Guest

I'd be down with that, I'm a very marmite person so people either think I'm outright hilarious or a total fucking dickhead :lol:

I've come to realise that I probably won't find someone who shares my same passion for cars, motorsport and politics, but so long as they can tolerate it that's fine :lol:

9. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Been there, done that. It didn't end well. So I doubt I'd like it to be set up on a blind date again. Once was enough, thank you very much. If we "happen" to meet at a social get-together then that's a little different. But actually being set up is a no-go. I'd be furious if a friend invited me somewhere with the intention of setting me up with someone. I need time to mentally prepare myself for meeting someone new.

10. Bi in MD

Out Status:
    A few people
    you should never feel on a blind date,
    wait for at least date 3 before venturing into that aspect of a relationship.

11. tscott

Sure why not? It's opportunity to meet someone you previously didn't know. It is not like you're marrying one another or anything more intimate than coffee, a drink, or a meal.

12. The Wallflower

I don't agree with blind dates. While I understand some people go on on blind dates and really hit it off, I think you should go on a date with someone you really know well.

How would I feel? Uncomfortable, awkward... I probably wouldn't enjoy it.

13. PurpleGrey

Honestly? I'd be happy to go on a date at all. Though my comfort level would depend on how blind the blind date is. I don't like to be in the dark about big things. I suppose a photo and her name would be enough to make me comfortable with the idea. Seems like the biggest worry is being unable to recognize the woman and freaking out over guessing who she is. Yes, I'm in no way an expert on dating.

I almost wish my friends were the type to set me up with someone. But of course I can't just ask them to. I've got my fragile pride. Haha.

14. randomly me

randomly me Guest

i would have no problem doing it but i probably won't since that would be the ideal chance for destiny to bite me in the back again.And destiny never misses back-biting chances :dry:

15. MrSecret

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think it would be okay, but since the word "blind" is in it I think both of us would have extremely high expectations and the moment we saw each other it would either be "He looks cute, I'll try it out" or "Not what I expected, I'll stay but there will be no sparks" kinda thing.

16. Gengars

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    "This is stupid. I don't even know who this person is and I'm having a date with them?" Sorry, but the concept of blind dating has never sounded good in my opinion. People expect to get relationships out of them, but what most people don't understand is that loving relationships don't just "happen". They take time and understanding.

17. biisme

I would probably be fine once I met them and started talking, but beforehand I would be scared shitless.

18. xylaz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    It would be fun once in a while and a great experience. There may not be a spark, but I'd be cool with just friends. I don't get the rush in forcing a relationship, and maybe getting to know the person in that short time can actually lead to more.
    I would however be very awkward, but that trait would be very adorable in whoever I'm "dating".

19. EnviroLady

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'd be excited. Going out on dates is fun, it's all about meeting new people. You don't have to have a second date.