1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

subbing!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Emmanuella, Jun 9, 2015.

1. Emmanuella

On my way to work for my second day as a substitute teacher! I'm always a little nervous as I never know what to expect from the school staff and/or kids....
    but it's kindergarten so it can't be THAT bad right?! I'm sure they'll be adorable!! (!) (!)

2. Tamanofu

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was never good nor have patience with kids so i salute those who do :slight_smile: Have a wonderful day!

3. ZeroDarkness

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Good luck and have fun! I was actually in a program in high school where I spent about 2 hours every other day in a kindergarten class. I guess it was to make them feel more comfortable at school or something, but we were partnered up and helped them with their assignments and played with them.

I actually miss it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. Lazuri

I spent a week subbing at a kindergarten. Got a loooot of rocks given to me.

5. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My dad did this, some years ago. After the first week or so, he lost his voice, from having to talk so loudly, to keep the kids quiet...and he's a very easy-going sort. This would strike me as a very terrifying job, where one could easily need to be heavily medicated!

But maybe kids that small will be easier.

6. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're a braver person than I am. I can handle older children, like 7 and older, but little toddlers running around, screaming, getting everything dirty - I can't handle that.

7. MrSecret

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I feel like I would make a good teacher for kids, mainly because I'm so laid back. My sister can't stand annoying kids though. I mean, sometimes I feel the same way, but if it was my job to look after them I would try and push those feelings aside. Good luck!

8. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh, that's sounds fun! I love little kids. It shouldn't be AS hard as if it were middle school. Good luck on that~

9. starlights

Out Status:
    A few people
    You're gonna spend a lot of time tying shoes :slight_smile:

I was a terrible substitute teacher. One day during a college break I was subbing for a third-grade class and this kid named Ricardo raised his hand.

"Miss....miss! They're calling me Retardo!"

And I fucking lost it! I'm sorry, it was funny. I got control of myself and told the kids that was an awful thing to say, but they all saw me laugh. I know I know, I'm a horrible person, I'm going to hell, and I have no business being a teacher.:eusa_doh: I did my best to be extra nice to Ricardo for the rest of the week but I'll never forgive myself.

10. Emmanuella

Haha thanks!! It was actually a fun day... I did not receive any rocks, I still have my voice AND I only had to tie shoes once today! (Also I didn't lose any of the kids!! Woohoo!)

And to top it off one of the kiddos in my class has 2 moms (And he's a sweet little boy so it made me happy!). I'm spending the day with the same class tomorrow, so it should be another nice day :slight_smile: