1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any memorable dreams/nightmares?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by The Wallflower, Jun 9, 2015.

1. The Wallflower

Ok, so earlier today I was discussing a really pleasant dream I had where there was this really cute actor guy that was practicing his lines for some Disney Channel program that, coincidentally, was airing where I lived and apparently I had no idea.

While I was unknowingly wandering around, he and I made eye contact, and like something out of a chick flick, I felt like it was love at first sight. We maintained eye contact for about 4.5 seconds until he looked away.

I woke up not soon after.

Anyways, it seems like a nice topic so do you guys have any dreams or nightmares that you remember having? This may be a bit hard to recall since one can easily forget a dream. Nightmares tend to stick with us a bit longer.

#1 The Wallflower, Jun 9, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
  2. LaEsmeralda

I'm pretty sure I had sleep paralysis once. I was lying in bed but I couldn't move a single muscle. Tried screaming for help but could only whisper! But it didn't feel entirely real - my room was different (as if I was imagining things), much more shadow than normal. And then I managed to move my toe and got my whole body out of it. It was a pretty bizarre experience.

I get nightmares quite often about my teeth rotting, falling loose, or I clench my jaw so tight that they all start splintering :eek:

3. The Wallflower

Whoah... creepy.

I remember that as a kid I used to have lots of nightmares with vampires.

One dream I remember quite a bit was one I had when I was younger, where I remember I was in some sort of desert, and I remember seeing two lions behind a large gate. I remember being relieved... until in the blink of an eye, the gate disappeared. I started running, and the lions came after me. They were of course too fast for me, and grabbed me. I remember actually feeling something very weird in the areas they bit me! Not pain; just something very, very weird. I woke up a few seconds later.

4. sartorious

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Memorable dream : Playing, fooling around and having sex with myself. It almost certainly ended up with nocturnal ejaculation. It happens quite often...

Memorable Nightmares : punished for "sexually deviant", by being pushed from the cliff with my legs chained with heavy balls. I drowned and the suffocation feeling is pretty much real. few minutes after i awoke i still feel air hunger until i given Oxygen using nasal cannula. It happened only once few years back and somehow i cant let go of that drowning sensation. It felt cold, dark, empty and you cant breathe even after inhaling as deep as you can because there is no air.... its just water that fills your lung:rolle::rolle:

5. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmmm...you just happened to ask this now, eh?

I had a pretty weird one night before last. There was this enormous bonfire...like the fuel was piled up about 8 feet high. And then this Christ-like figure (not actually supposed to be Christ, but seemingly wise and in league with him, spirit-wise) was allowing himself (voluntarily...not simply not putting up resistance) to be burned alive on the bonfire. He was oddly resistant to the flames for a while, though...but they hurt him (I could tell, 'cause he said something like "ah, I just wish it didn't have to hurt so much". But he said it weirdly calmly.

Go on...tell me what it means.

6. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hm...
    Dream:
    Watched tangled again recently, and had a dream where my girlfriend was rapinzel, me and an anime character went to save her, and "Flynn rider" my nine year old sister tried to kill rapunzel with a mirror. (Cause her looks can kill~ yeah no)

Nightmare:
    ...really, really freaky.
    Video game characters started attacking me with scissors and I bled to death...from many places.

7. RedHeadHatter

I don't usually dream, and the few I have I barely retain any memory, however, I do vaguely remember two dreams: The first one was a dream I had while in summer camp, I had this crush on a guy from my room and I dreamt he and I woke up way before the set time and we kind of cuddled for some time, and then it finished. The second one was really silly actually, I became a professional gamer and was travelling through the world with some friends (Bare in mind I was kind of young when I had those, now a days I guess stress don't let me have anymore dreams)

8. LesbianThrasher

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I remember this one dream I had where I walked into a convenience store and there was this special type of gum that could summon this really sexy female demon. I was the only one who could see her and she'd perform sexual acts on me and I didn't know what was going on but I knew I liked it, lol. The few people in my dream just looked at me weird when this was happening and they definitely knew something was up.

9. MrSkittles

Dream: Me having a Future with my Crush. We got married and adopted 2 Kids and spent our life together forever.

Nightmare: Losing everyone I love and me being alone forever.

10. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I can't remember ever remember having a nightmare, lucky me I guess.

In my most recent dream, I was back in elementary school, and riding the bus there. But there was a Gap in the road, the bus driver stopped just in time, only to push on gas and plummet us to our deaths *_*

11. MrSecret

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I never get bad dreams, whenever a dream starts to get scary/creepy I can make myself wake up. However, like I said scary dreams are extremely rare, I usually get weird ones, but not scary.

Just a note, most of my "good" dreams have storyline, and many involve me having powers (Usually flight) so I'm not counting them as they will take up too much space, also, In my dreams I have an alternate dream world, so I have a grocery store, my house, downtown etc, basically a dream version of earth including entire cities (Though names are never made, they're based after real ones) There HAVE been times when I will occasionally time travel or I'm in a place I don't know though.

Also, I wouldn't say I lucid dream but I make my own decisions in my dreams, for example sometimes I have a dream where I'm at the grocery store and I'm trying to decide which dessert I'm gonna buy. This goes for everything, it feels like how I would normally think and act, but I don't think that's considered lucid dreaming, because from my understanding, lucid dreaming you have way more control (I do think I have partial lucid dreaming though)

Recent good dream: This is a tough one, I haven't had a "good" one in a few weeks. I do have a few, but they're too long so I'm gonna pick one from a while ago.

So this was last summer at summer camp, and since I was busy all the time I didn't jerk off much, so I ended up getting my first wet dream (Yeah, I was 16 and that was my first)

It involved me and a group of people and long story short, we ended up on these giant leaves and we decided to sleep there because it was getting dark. But these tendril things began touching us, it felt really good and then, of course I woke up and had to change my underwear.

Scary dream: One of my most vivid and recent ones takes a long time to describe, but at the end I get chased by "the screaming man" and he catches me and holds me close to his face. He wears something that covers his mouth but has an audio thing (Like when someone lost there voice and uses a robot voice to speak) he pulled me close and then his eyes shattered like glass. It was terrifying and probably my first actual bad dream since I was a kid.

12. The Wallflower

Wow... "The Screaming Man" sounds truly horrifying.

I've encountered lots of times where I'm in a nightmare and I'm aware that I'm dreaming, but I'm unable to wake myself up or take control of anything. If a killer is chasing me and I want to wake up, there's usually nothing I can do but let him kill me... xD

You reminded me of a dream I had not long ago where my mom and some guy were serial killers and they kept me, my sister and some random woman hostage. We tried to escape. My sister was caught and I assume she was killed. Me and the woman escaped and some guy in a car was there to save us. We went in the car, but for some reason the woman decided to get out of the car and towards the killer. I looked back as the man drove me away, but I can't remember what happened... and then I woke up.

Oh, and I've been having lots of zombie dreams, as well.

13. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have lots of vivid dreams, but the one I'm going to tell is from when I was around five. I have no idea how I still remember it :lol:

My sister and I were being held captive on a pirate ship. It was night time, and we were decided to sneak out. We got up on deck and were creeping around, when I tripped over a chair and fell down. It made a huge noises and our captors (who were all massive banana people) all ran upstairs. My sister left me behind and ran off the boat, but the bananas caught me. They dog piled on me and held me down, and they had just started eating my face, when I woke up.

I imagine this dream was a product of watching too much Bananas in Pyjamas and generally disliking fruit at the time. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

14. PerfectlyNormal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Most if not all of my dreams, good and bad involve aliens....

I have dreamed being visited by friendly aliens, and neutral aliens, the teal slugs are smart but not nice or mean; the orange faced ones are very nice.

The tall white ones are mean and cut a hole through my hand to put a chip in me.

The green ones with human heads without hair and with odd ridges are very mean, and want to chase me and turn me into many animals or take away my organs.

Only dreams I remember being free of alians I was falling, being chased, morphing into a giant spider, or orbitting a black hole.

There were more other worldish dreams but I do not remember much of them.

15. MrSecret

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have had a few dreams involving aliens (Most were in my childhood) I remember I used to be scared of them, it would always involve the atmosphere not being there so we could see all the stars and night sky, and then a UFO would fly over the house.

But then I had a dream the UFO landed in our backyard and they invited us inside. The inside was like an arcade, dark with flashing lights, a dancefloor, music, a bunch of video games, pool tables, air hockey etc. So basically the aliens were friendly, haven't had an alien dream in a while.

Oh, and the worst dream I had (Can't believe I forgot this) I had last year, me, my sister, and mom were driving up a hill (This is an actual location) and it was snowy, the cars coming over the other side skidded, and a truck hit the cars in front of us and it dominoed and we got hit. When we got out I couldn't find my sister, she was wearing a bright red jacket and I kept asking people if they had seen a girl with it, no one did. All of the survivors went to a nearby gas station to wait for help and when my sister wasn't there, I realized she wasn't coming and had died. I began crying and yelling"NO!" and I woke up crying in real life. That was the worst feeling in my entire life >_>

16. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My dreams are either anxiety-themed or just plain random af

Last week's dream falls in the random category: I had a dream that my boyfriend's two best friends were making fun of me because I farted really loudly.

17. Pierrot

Pierrot Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I've never had a 'nightmare' i have had dreams where i'm dissapointed or don't like what's happening, but that's it. I've had many dreams where someone was attempting to 'end' me but they're rather amusing. Any monsters that have ever appeared were always befriended or destroyed. I do wonder what it would feel like to truly experience a nightmarish dream that scared me.

Yesterday I dreamt that my body was being torn apart, limb by limb, by some of my doctors. They disposed of me in a lake where I reemerged as Solomon Grundy. With my new powerful form I, to put it politely, terminated the doctors and everyone else in the hospital. I then made the entire building and surrounding area into my red kingdom, from which I ruled quite happily.

18. Hyperbol

Hyperbol Guest

My nightmare is when I was take a nap around 3-ish in the afternoon and had sleep paralysis. It's really weird when I waking and unable to move any part my body and I totally freaking out because it was hard to breathing like someone or a ton of rocks on my chest. Everything I can see in my room turn into black and white and I even see imagine of me standing beside my bed(hwat!?):eek: later I find out that the weather too hot and my room was too bright is the problem for my sleep.

19. Lazuri

If you're aware of the dream, you're more or less lucid dreaming, but one can lose control of the dream. If you can control your own actions, try spinning around in a circle to reclaim control of the dream. For some reason, this kind of reboots everything.

As for those commenting on sleep paralysis, try not to panic. What's happening is basically that part of your brain is still sleeping and that causes your brain to disconnect from your body. Sometimes you will still be dreaming too and that causes hallucinations. Just remain calm and you will eventually snap out of it. Sleep paralysis can happen quite easily if you're not careful while trying to induce lucid dreaming.

20. MindvsHeart

MindvsHeart Guest

When I was about maybe 5 or 6, I would have the reoccurring nightmare of being chased by a werewolf in a neverending maze. I remember it because I would wake up just terrified and then quickly dive back into my blankets.