1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Was there one single time in your life where you regretted being gay?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by anthonybg, Jun 10, 2015.

1. anthonybg

anthonybg Guest

I regret being gay too often. It's because of the privileges heterosexuals have and the way they treat us, no one tells them anything. It's a cruel world we live in...

2. Camel

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes. And I have regretted not being taller. Or richer. Or English. Or that I am not the heir to a dukedom. Or cleverer. Or more organised. Or that my hair is always a mess. Or I don't look more handsome. Or have a bigger dick.

Look, life isn't perfect. You can regret all sorts of things. But really you have to deal with things as they are. I am not living in a war torn country. I wasn't abused as a child. I don't need to starve. There is a lot to be grateful for, too.

3. sartorious

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Arfff

nope, my only regret about my sexuality is being gay in the wrong place of the world. They gay part itself i considered it as a gift from whoever creating this beautiful beast called "Men".

#3 sartorious, Jun 10, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
  4. Yosia

Never regret anything. Embrace it and move on.

5. anthonybg

anthonybg Guest

Lol, that's a gift from God. :grin: I like that actor on your pic, but dunno what his name is... :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. Azrael

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I hate being gay... but I've never regretted it, or rather I can't regret something that wasn't my own choice in the first place.

Just accept that it's a burden or a blessing you'll have to carry in life, and try to live well.

7. awdru15

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I did when I got in a couple of heavy fights wishing life would be so much easier if I were straight but then ad be lying to myself because am not straight.

8. EnviroLady

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    What kind of cruelty have you felt? Why do you feel regret? How can regret something when it is not a choice?

I understand you can wish you were not gay however that is just just who you are. Either you accept it and those in your life who are worthy of you will respect it or you continue to hide it in which case you continue to be put down by yourself and restrict yourself and stop yourself being able to find a partner in life. if it does make you feel down you can always talk to me or the others on here about how to cope with being gay since it is being a minority as you know, just as others have pointed out other minorities can suffer, I think you suffer more when you do not talk about something and hide who you are.

That said I'm not sure where it is you are living and if the country you live in accepts homosexual people or not because unfortunately some countries think we should kill those who are different.

However if that is the case when you are 18 move, from this site you will have friends in parts of the world where it is not a crime and yes there are still people that are homophobic but if they were not bullying people for being homophobic it would be based on your hair, skin, weight etc, people will always find a way to pick if that is the sort of person they are.

All the best.

9. tscott

I regret that I didn't come out sooner, but this is more of a regret about being in denial and not facing who I was. What I truly regret is the break up of my family and not seeing my kids everyday.

10. ShadowSpirit26

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Nope, I never have and I never will. Don't be ashamed or feel bad or regretful of the way you are. Feel ashamed of and bad for the ignorant people who have a problem with it. They are the ones you should feel sorry for. Not yourself.

11. armydude

armydude Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well I don't regret it because regret generally involves guilt for a choice you made. Being gay was certainly not a choice lol.

Do I resent it though? Absolutely. Every day. Fucking HATE being gay. It has its advantages (has made me more open-minded for instance) but overall it has basically ruined my life in a myriad of ways, and if I could take some magic pill that would make me straight I'd do it in a heartbeat.

12. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
  13. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't really have any regrets in my life, other than not being true to myself and others sooner. I used to wish I was straight, but now, I am absolutely fine with being gay, and wouldn't change myself for the world.

14. Phalange

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Honestly, I'm sometimes worried about one day waking up straight. The horror!

Sure, I'm often tired of it all, but I wouldn't have it any other way. However, when when I was just realizing my sexuality, I was so scared and felt so alone. At that time, I may have wished to be straight. I wouldn't describe those feelings as regret though.

15. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd be lying if I said no. In the period between recognising that I was/am gay and self acceptance there were many occasions when I had regrets. It was a real struggle for me and I'm sure the same is true for many people who are members and readers of EC. Do I still have regrets? No, I don't. In actual fact, my life has been enriched by being gay.

16. Kenaria

I don't regret being gay as much as i regret coming out so early. I feel like if I had waited to come out I could experiment more with other guys instead of being left in the lonely, rainbow dust.
    but other than that, being gay is fuckin awesome!

17. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I regret homophobia, not homosexuality. Not at all the same thing.

Lex

18. Sek

Sek

I have only regretted being gay when the people I love have made me feel like I should hide it.

19. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  20. C P

C P

One single time?

I regret being lgbt damn near all the time. Nobody around here, where I live, has made me feel anything good about it; not family, not other lgbt folk...nobody. They've all made me feel worse.