1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favorite fruits/berries

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MrSecret, Jun 10, 2015.

1. MrSecret

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So what're y'all favorite fruits and berries? I love, love, LOVE strawberries (TBH the candy version actually tastes better IMO) I also like blueberries, pineapple, apples (Really crisp/crunchy ones) grapes, cherries (Hate the candy version) and mango.

One of my favorite desserts are frozen blueberries, they just taste so good, AND they're super healthy. Instead of just eating them in a bowl I've begun using them in Greek Yogurt with a little bit of maple syrup. It makes the yogurt a pretty purple, it's healthy, and it tastes good.

Some other fruit I'm okay with are watermelon, but it HAS to be crisp, like not even ripe yet. If it's even slightly mushy I gag. Also, banana's are okay, it doesn't really have a strong taste though and sometimes the texture grosses me out. However I LOVE dried banana flakes, so good! :grin:

2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just had a pint of first-harvest strawberries from the farms here around Montreal, oh my, the flavour! hmm, hmm!

3. TENNYSON

TENNYSON Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree--watermelon has to be perfect. When it's crisp and really sweet, it's the best.

Cantaloupe is also great and refreshing. Cherries, when dark red and sweet, are excellent. I find strawberries and cherries you buy in the store to be too often unripe and sour. Also, people don't think of avocados as fruits, but they are, and they are an excellent unique fruit.

Underrated fruit: loquats. You can't buy these in stores because they go bad very quickly. But they are great--if you get a chance to have, I recommend it :slight_smile:

4. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Strawberries, raspberries, peaches, and lychee (it's an uncommon tiny fruit with a spiky soft skin, and the inside is smooth and white and it tastes so good~)

5. Minamimoto_Fan

It's a three way tie of apples, blueberries, and watermelon for me.

I'm not picky about my apple types, but I must say I've been having a lot of ambrosia apples lately.

I can be picky about watermelon, but when it's perfect, I am in heaven <3

6. newfish

Last time this topic came up I tried to actually discuss my favorite fruits. It was a very long list.
    Therefore, because it doesn't get enough recognition, I'm only going to say red grapefruit this time.

7. MrSecret

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ooh, cantaloupe is also really good. Though like watermelon, If it's slightly mushy I don't like it, if you can press on a slice without it squishing, then I'll eat it.

I tried eating avocados, they're extremely healthy and one every week or so is really good for you, but the texture and taste... Blech. My mom likes to put salt on it and eat it out of the skin, but that's like eating raw butter for me. I tried putting it in toast with an egg and it tasted really good, but the texture always got me so I stopped eating them.

8. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Local strawberries are the best strawberries. I really like the ones I buy at a local fruit stand; unfortunately, the season is so short. This year it's actually a problem--due to weather during the winter/early spring, strawberries came in early. The manager of the fruit stand is hoping that the berries will hold out until at least Father's Day.

I think the best of the best strawberries might ones one grows oneself. I've had a couple of plants in pots over the years. Yield was never good--maybe one berry at a time--but that one berry was exceptional. If I ever have a real garden, I'll have to have a strawberry patch.

Blackberries are common "weeds" around here. Lots of fond memories of when I was growing up we'd take a walk in early evening, and harvest berries.

9. redneck

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Other than mangos, kiwis, grapefruit, and limes I can put a hurt on the fruit isle. My favorites though are strawberries, pineapples, and bananas. I prefer Granny Smith apples to anything that has "golden" or "delicious" in their name but will eat the others.

#9 redneck, Jun 10, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
  10. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Easily grapefruit :grin:

11. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love cherries so much it is almost an obsession. :lol:

12. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm obsessed with blackberries! I love how they look and the squishy sound they make when you eat them, plus they are so yummy! I can eat a large container in one sitting. Also raspberries and saskatoons.

13. ApexxShadow

Watermelon, Cherries, Strawberries, Blackberries/Raspberries and plums :3

14. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I can survive a whole day only with cherries. I can make dissapear half kg in just a couple of hours., and I'm not picky about colour/taste, unless they are exceptionally bitter.

Most of fruit you eat in summer - strawberries, melon, watermelon, blueberries...

15. luminescence

I love strwaberries and blueberries. Oh and not to mention mango, dragonfruit, rambutan and kiwi tastes good too

16. Pierrot

Pierrot Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Blueberries are my favorite, with Blackberries as a close second

17. MindvsHeart

MindvsHeart Guest

I enjoy apples, pears, mangoes, avocados, watermelon, mandarins, oranges, kiwis. cantaloupe, plums, and peaches.
    Buuut, my favourite would have to be:
    [​IMG]
    Persimmons!~

18. AwesomeSocks

AwesomeSocks Guest

I like mulberries. I don't like bananas. Pineapple is my favorite fruit. I hat watermelon, because of the texture. I also like blackberries, and they are usually really cheap where I live.

19. candyjiru

I love coconut, pineapple, oranges, mandarins~~ anything you'd find in ambrosia salad (except for cherries), basically...

Also, ambrosia salad XD;;;;;;

And pretty much any berry~~~ <3

20. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The contrast between the local berries and those coming from (mostly) California couldn't be more stark. The imported ones are much larger, but the pulp inside has no taste, and they are often a little bitter. It seems most of the flavour is on the surface of the berry, hence, the smaller they are, the greater the surface/volume ratio.