1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Were/are there more openly gay males or females in your highschool graduation class?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SubZero, Jun 10, 2015.

?

Were/are there more openly gay males or females in your highschool graduation class?

1. More males

22 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. More females

17 vote(s)
    30.9%
  3. About the same/don't know

16 vote(s)
    29.1%
  1. SubZero

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I graduated high school in 2012 and I remember seeing far more lesbians and bisexual females than gay or bisexual males at my school. In fact, there was only 1 openly gay guy and there were at least 7 self-identified lesbians/bisexual females (from a class of about 350). I'm not including myself because I wasn't out at all and I didn't even question my sexuality when I was in high school.

From my own experience, it seems like the girls I graduated with were more open and less ashamed to admit that they were bi or lesbian. There were quite a few guys who I thought were gay, but they never said they were. They actually denied it when people asked. Three years after our graduation, however, and I now hear that at least 2 of the guys who I (and many others) thought were gay are finally out.

So, I'm just curious. Were there more openly gay/bi males or gay/bi females from your high school graduation class?

2. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Re: Were/are there more openly gay males or females in your highschool graduation cla

There were several gay and bi guys. Right now I can't think of one non straight girl in my graduating class :slight_smile:

3. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Re: Were/are there more openly gay males or females in your highschool graduation cla

I'm homeschooled.

4. Gengars

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people

There was one gay guy who moved here from a more liberal area at the beginning of last year. Unfortunately, he got picked on so much that he was homeschooled for the latter half of the year.

Also, two guys both came out as gay right at the end of the year and are now dating each other.

There are no openly gay girls that I know of at least.

5. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people

Nobody was out in my small Christian school back in 2002. One girl was closeted and bi and left after a year. Two guys in the class above me came out as gay after they graduated. I came out as bi last year. I was the only LGBT person from my class of 20, but I was salutatorian.

6. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people

I have about 60 kids in my class and there's a bisexual guy (my friend) and a lesbian in my class. So if you want gay, I have more females, but if you want bi, I have more males.

7. ms24601

Out Status:
    Not out at all

My graduating class had about 20 people and none were openly LGBT, actually I don't recall meeting anyone who was openly gay/lesbian/bi before I got into college.

8. Lyana

Out of 90 kids, no one was out in my class. (But we were there anyway.)

9. guitar

I only knew of 1 openly gay person and no lesbians in highschool. After the fact, I'm aware of about 8 gay guys -/+ 1 grade from me. Not sure about any lesbians.

10. CyanChachki

In my original graduation class, yes. In the graduation class that I graduated with, I don't know. I was supposed to originally graduate in 2006 but due to failing school, I was held back.. Before I graduated, I was told that I was the only one from my program graduating and I had been placed with students from another program.. some of them I knew but I don't believe that and of them where LGBTQ+.

11. LiquidSwords

People being out at school hahaha... I went to an all boys school and there were zero openly gay guys

12. Boudicca

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people

I went to an all girls school.....

13. Absol

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family

There was just one guy in a class of 63, and he didn't come out until our senior around prom. I remember it was prom because he did it by asking the really popular, hot, and very straight football star to it. I was there and I was basically doing this the whole time:
    [​IMG]

He declined, but it went better than I thought it would.

14. Foz

Foz Guest

Out of 85-90 in my final year there was 2 openly gay guys, since we left another guy and myself have come out.

15. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Considering that being openly gay was suicide, there were most certainly not any openly gay people at all in my high school.

16. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I don't know. I didn't graduate high school with a class. When I went, it was a catholic school too. There was one pretty obvious gay guy (whom my gaydar was correct about), but I didn't know him, so I don't know how "open" he was.

17. sartorious

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

Arfff!!

its pretty much the same
    0 guys and 0 girls

18. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

There was one guy who was very camp, but I'm not sure if he was actually gay. If there were gay males or females in my class, they certainly weren't open about it. There was an openly gay girl in a lower grade though, and she always cuddled with me when it was cold, and even just for the sake of cuddling in warmer weather. People started thinking we were a couple. I wish there was some way I could contact her again

19. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I'm still in middle school... But I'd say girls.
    There are about seven openly gay females, one pan sexual, and one who is bisexual.
    I don't know any guy who is gay, and one came out to just me as bi.

20. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people

Don't know. People weren't out. Some people were definitely suspect. Now, some of these people are out, on Facebook and in general, and some are still neurotic, by being homophobes on Facebook. One of the guys who was suspected died of AIDS. I believe my high school class had one such casualty. He was in a lot of student council and theater type stuff and, while I didn't dislike him, we never had a class together and never struck up a conversation. I also think he was overly involved as a sort of armor. He always walked around being so prim and proper, walking quickly from one activity to class to the next activity. Me? I wasn't involved in anything. Plenty of time to b.s. on my hands.