1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just an annoying rant

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AwesomeSocks, Jun 10, 2015.

1. AwesomeSocks

AwesomeSocks Guest

Why are people homophobic? I mean come on! So God said it is a sin. He said it is a sin for a man to sleep in the same bed as another. So if young boy is having nightmares, he cannot go sleep with his parents? If you are against gay marriage, don't marry the same gender. So if a homosexual couple decides to adopt a child, the are bad because they are making that child not get a mother or a father? So would it be better to not adopt them and keep them from both. So a mom and dad have a kid then the mom or dad dies. That kid won't grow up with a mother or won't grow up with a father.

Sorry if I offended anyone somehow. Thanks for reading.

2. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

People are going to debate translations, context, and every little thing until the end of time. I've seen some mental gymnastics when it comes to religious text, but you know, that's up to the individual. I just find it rather hilarious when one thing can be taken wrong, but everything else is solid and without flaw.

To answer your question, folks are homophobic because they need a cultural scapegoat. History has always been like that. Someone has to be the problem/enemy, which rallies the rest and allows them to forget their own misery, for the sake of the faith/country/idea. It's okay to be ignorant and hateful, so long as you aren't gay, basically.

Does it make sense? To them it does, and that's all that matters.

3. Purp

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First off, welcome to this site!!!! :slight_smile:

Homophobia ranges between lots of things and has different roots. Some religious may try and reaffirm their faith. some see their orientation as a test from the divine and will develop internalized homophobia and seek to repress it and defend their faith (sadly enough). Pressure from family, tradition, thoughts of "hellfire", can feed the fire. Some homophobia is thought to be rooted in sexism. There is disdain for the effeminate and weak.

Eh, there's a lot of crap that needs to be fixed, unfortunately.