1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling uncomfortable, worried & stressed

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sapphiregirl, Jun 11, 2015.

1. sapphiregirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hey. So yesterday I actually came out to my mum and told her I'm bi. She's the only person I've told so far. She took it really well and was very supportive. It was quite emotional for me (I tried to remain calm but couldn't hold in the tears). She was a little shocked, because I've only ever dated guys and have never said anything about my feelings for women. But overall, it went really well and we had a good chat. Anyway, I thought I would feel better after telling her. Instead, I feel really uncomfortable now and I don't know why :icon_sad: Even though I know she supports me, I feel like she's going to look at me in a different way, and I just feel awkward being around her now that she knows. I'm sitting in my room and I don't even want to walk into the kitchen. I feel like a freak in my house :icon_redf Is it normal?

Don't get me wrong - I truly accept myself for who I am, and I know this is who I am. It's just that I can't stop worrying about what my mum thinks. How do I stop worrying or caring about it? On top of that, I've got an exam next week I'm meant to be studying for and I just can't focus. This is all I can think about and it's just been on my mind so much lately. How can I concentrate on studying? I feel so overwhelmed thinking about everything.

2. EnviroLady

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Don't stress about the exam you just did something major, let yourself adjust. Congrats on telling your mum, that is awesome. What she thinks about it you cannot change, she didn't kick you out and she accepts you, yah! I understand what you mean, if you ever have a secret and you tell someone the control you feel is gone and it is hard to cope with. I think you need to somehow accept you cannot control her thinking, just try to remember why you told her and what you wanted from telling her. Have you achieved what you wanted?