1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Technology Student Association

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ThetasTrust, Jun 11, 2015.

1. ThetasTrust

ThetasTrust Guest

I was just wondering if anyone else here was part of TSA. I usually compete in vex robotics, but i will be ddoing software development next year.

2. starfish

I did back in Middle and High School. I qualified for nationals twice, but I was unable to attend the first time. For the life of me I don't remember where I placed at nationals, it was 16 years ago, so my memory is a little hazy.

I had some fun times. I competed in may areas over the years. My favorite was the year we had the unlimited class in the CO2 powered cars. Most people just made shorter tarditional cars, to try and get the weight down. I took an estes rocket, shortened it and turned on its side. Damn that thing was fast. I did the math to estimate its speed, and I estimated that it hit a max of Mach 1.2. It was so fast ever one thought it missfired the first time we launched it. It took first place at regionals and state.

Unforutantly that was a state level only event, so I couldn't qualify for nationals with it. I still have the plaque around here somehwere.

3. ThetasTrust

ThetasTrust Guest

Thats awesome i have a good amount friends who do that. I went to nationals last year in DC it was an awesome experience.