1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Secret Relationship...Worth it?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by wanderingpoet, Jun 11, 2015.

1. wanderingpoet

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I am a lesbian in a VERY small town and have liked the same girl for about 1 1/2 years now. I am tempted to say I am in love with her, but at 15 what even is love? Anyways, after a year and a half of liking this swimmingly straight girl that I was convinced would never like me back, it somehow turned out that she wasn't as straight as I thought. She says that she does not know what her sexuality is, but that she likes me. We decided to date, but in secret. Is it worth dating someone in secret if you really like them?

2. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    As long as you are safe, as in, no one will try to kill you or throw you out of the house if discovered. Safety first, but if you're safe financially and physically, I say go for it.

3. guitar

I echo Tai. At 15 your options are limited. I say, maybe go for it. If you were 30 in a city I'd have an altered opinion, but at 15 it'll give you some dating experience, so as long as you're safe, why not?

4. EnviroLady

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Just because it is secret now doesn't mean it will always need to be secret. Also secrecy can add to the thrill of dating in trying not to get caught. That's awesome you have met someone who likes you back at your age. Enjoy dating!

5. Just stay safe. Keep going with it. Ultimately, I would recommend leaving the small town and go open with it once you've developed a strong foundation for your relationship.

Tbh, if you didn't live in a small town, I would have strongly recommended to be open because I personally don't like secret relationships since they can get quite complicated.

6. mckenna2

mckenna2 Guest

I would say that at 15 there is no way you really know....you might have inkling, but I would not make any major decisions

7. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As long as you are both okay with it being a secret then I don't see a problem with it...however there will come a time when you will have to tell people or where someone might find out even if you guys do try to keep it a secret so just be prepared and keep that in mind

8. mckenna2

mckenna2 Guest

sometimes it just has to be that way. You may have to learn to live with the guilt of it, but the end result may prove worth it.