1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When you were college age, did you notice ...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Tightrope, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    ... older guys?

I'm not talking old, but handsome middle aged suits, construction workers, law enforcement types, or anyone like that. I'm asking because I'm wondering if I'm the exception here. I noticed guys around my own age when in college, though more upperclassmen types when I was an underclassman, but I also noticed about 3 profs and 1 maintenance worker, all of them in their early 40s or so and what would be considered good looking within that age group. One of these profs was an adjunct who taught at night, he came into the library and put his stuff down at my table, and I thought he was hot in an overly virile sort of way, especially with what his shirt sleeves rolled up revealed. Sort of a Scott Bakula type. I think he was unmarried at the time and probably 35 to 40 but having him sit there made me edgy. Social media reveals that he is now married and has kids. I wasn't stalking. I just looked him up once. Ok, so this prof was most likely straight ... or is now!

The same occurred when I was a teen or in my twenties and saw certain movie stars and centerfolds who were older than me with a certain type of looks.

Not a father figure thing at all. They looked WAY different. They were just good looking. Period.

Was this normal? Is this normal? What about you guys? You can answer if you are in that age group and you can answer if you want to comment on what you were processing when you were in that age group if now older. I'd like some feedback.

2. AKTodd

The second guy I ever had sex with was probably in his 40s or 50s. Didn't ask, didn't care.

I'm sure I saw and admired other guys around just in passing. There was a grad student who taught one of my classes who was a bodybuilder and also moderately hairy. Got to see him in shorts and with his shirt totally unbuttoned once (woof!).

There seemed to be less of a concern about dating/hooking up only with people right around your age when I was in college. As long as a guy was over 18, it would never have occurred to me to care about how old he was.

Todd

3. Taly

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm 16 and I've felt at least a minimum amount of attraction to guys who are probably 3 times my age. >_<

I mean; I don't actively seek older guys or anything(Mostly because it's almost virtually impossible for that to happen given my age and life situation) but I have had noticed older men.

4. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I always tend to notice older guys first. Don't really know why, but to answer your question, I think it's pretty normal. (There are a lot of hot older guys out there.)

Same goes for older women. I dunno, they're just awesome in general :slight_smile:

5. wolf of fire

Yes but I have a rule about not dating 3 years older than me

6. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I notice older guys, and I have no problem sleeping with older guys. As long as I think they're attractive, we're good to go. I don't actively seek them out though.

In fact, one of the first people I ever had sex with was about 32, or 33. I don't remember really. I was a member of this dating site and he happened to message me, and we met pretty soon after that.

#6 imnotreallysure, Jun 12, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2015
  7. Christiaan

Christiaan Guest

My first real partner was a geeky Jewish businessman AND divorced father of two, very sweet and very inventive. He was and still is a perfect gentleman.

I'm not put off by age-differences, and younger guys are aggravating to me. It's not that younger guys are "immature." It's just that they are trying too hard. When a guy gets at least into his mid-thirties, he's gotten to be very laid-back, mellow, easy to talk to, rich interests, reads more often, wants to show you things and take you places. Peaceful, reflective moments. Long, wandering conversations, like trails in the sand. It's hard to find younger guys who are much good for that, sorry.

8. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That does sound rather boring, I will admit. Most of my mutterings are restricted to the occasional grunt, and a good time can't be had unless everyone is inebriated.

#8 imnotreallysure, Jun 12, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2015
  9. tscott

It was never a "Daddy" issue for me, but I've always noticed older men and usually bear types, more working class, when I was young. Still do. My first sexual encounter was with a burly banker (I was just experimenting, or so I told myself). Calling or being called "Daddy" is a huge turnoff. My kids call me Daddy, as I called my father. It just conjures up incest images for me. No, thank you. I will say I'm happy as a pig in muck over the "new" lumbersexual look.

10. Christiaan

Christiaan Guest

Well, the reason I couldn't EVER do the "daddy" thing is that, if someone ever were like a father to me, I would be fighting with that person like a wildcat. I eventually realized the whole problem with the relationship between myself and my father was not that we never saw eye-to-eye, but we are too damn much alike, both of us determined to be the most belligerent son of a bitch within five miles. We can get along with mentally balanced people okay, but you keep us within five miles of each other for too long, it will turn into intertribal warfare.

*plays a little bit of bagpipe music and gets images of gray waters washing up on a misty Highland island.*

I'm not really so put off by incest fantasies, but I think it would work better between people whose familial relations are slightly better than those of Viking descendants.

11. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've noticed older men and older women, although more often on television than in real life. Although I did have a bit of a crush on my late 30s/early 40s professor at one point. Older men can be attractive, not to mention more mature than the average college kid.

12. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, I find it a turn-off as well. I could be a dad but am not. But, for me, it's a visual concept that I understand so it doesn't bother me. The thing with daddies seems to be some sort of hairline recession, while still looking hot, yet those with a full head of hair are referred to as classically handsome.

Well, good, now I know that I wasn't alone when I was processing this back then.

I totally agree that older guys, when I was experimenting upward, seemed way more relaxed, more competent, less flaky, and some even had some interesting insights.

And these are still the types, hairline recession and full head of hair, doesn't matter to me, that I notice today.