1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you ever been catcalled... by the same gender?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by anthonybg, Jun 12, 2015.

1. anthonybg

anthonybg Guest

Do the others find you attractive and do you feel complimented when someone catcalls you rather offended? Was there a case when you were catcalled by the same sex?

In my opinion, catcalling is a sign of poor manner but still, I'd feel complimented, handsome and it will certainly give a boost to my self-esteem but many gay people won't have the balls to yell at someone they like because of discrimination. It's a straight world, damn it. :bang:

2. Eye Shine

It's hard enough to find the gay people! Let alone getting the nerves to do that. Although this could just be me. I am completely oblivious when it comes to gaydar

3. Lyana

I feel like it's the least flattering form of "compliment," but whether or not it makes me uncomfortable depends on who's doing the catcalling and how. If it's just a long, admiring whistle, then I'm okay with it -- though I'd rather hear an actual compliment. If it's followed by leering and laughter and crude remarks, then I get pissed off and scared. The catcall in itself doesn't bother me, but unfortunately, it's rarely used in pleasant circumstances. I see it as similar to the difference between a stranger telling you, "You're beautiful," and "I want to see you naked, show me that ass."

If I never got catcalled again in my life, I wouldn't miss it. And no, I've never been catcalled by a girl -- but in my experience, girls don't catcall that much, unless among friends/in a jokey way, not a disgusting way.

4. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I don't think catcalls are right, unless is among friends and as a joke.
    You don't have a right to annoy any stranger, that's simply rude.

5. Doppelganger

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    No, because I look like I've been run over by a car 99% of the time and to be honest I wouldn't be happy about it. I like cats, though.