1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planning a trip to Ptown?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by choirsmash, Jun 12, 2015.

1. choirsmash

So I'm planning on takin a week-long trip to Cape Cod/Ptown in July with some friends. Any ideas on places to stay and things to do. We just graduated high school, so budgets are limited. We can't go to many clubs since we're still 17/18. We'd like to sort of make it like our own senior week, but in Massachusetts instead of Ocean City, MD. So any ideas and suggestions are welcome.
    If I would've thought of going earlier, it would've been June since its pride month. It also probably would've involved participating in Ptown Pride, but that can be saved for next year

2. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I got an apartment at a hotel for 100$ a night this year for fantasia weekend. Summer though is expensive as hell on the cape. I live an hour away and it's practically an adventure to go there.

Go in the fall if you can. I'll look up where I stayed last year and where I will be in October and get back to you. And Provincetown is amazing... Just expensive to do anything.

3. choirsmash

I'd love to go on the fall, but we'll all be off to college and have different breaks and family plans. This summer is the best time. We're gonna try to make it a kind of senior week.

4. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh I'm not saying don't go. Just if you're strapped for cash be aware it's a tourist trap and all of the cute designer boutiques and such are not conducive to a poor college kids wallet.

Well.

As far as things to do? The governor Bradford inn and restaurant has a good bar and a nice dance club downstairs and karaoke upstairs.

Scott's cupcakes are absolutely divine.

Big Daddy's Burrito bar is phenomenal. If you go, tell them I told you to go there. All organic and steroid free meats and vegetables they use. And very good prices.

There's this Chinese takeout place in the corner, it's not cheap but it's very good.

And there are tons of beaches and historical sites.

5. SiennaFire

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you are into biking riding, the Provincelands Trail is breathtaking, with rugged beauty of beaches, dunes, flowers, and shrubs.

6. choirsmash

For bike riding, should we bring our own or are there rentals available?

7. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There are rental places.

---------- Post added 13th Jun 2015 at 12:27 PM ----------

Place reminds me of Tatooine as you come in from RT3.